Pass a batch of update requests to MM?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Barry4679

Pass a batch of update requests to MM?

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi I have a python application from which I want to update tag data, and have this change reflected in MMW.

My application subscribes to the UPnP events in my Sonos system to detect play counts. It replaces the cruddy Sonos LFM scrobbler, and updates MM play counts.

Up to this point I have just been using SQL to update the MM database.

I am now looking at processing the scrobble "correction" notifications returned to me by Last.fm's auto-correction facility.

I have a GUI facility allowing me to review the corrections, and to select the ones which I want to apply to my tracks & MM.

What are my options to achieve this?

Is there any facility or script whereby I can pass batched update requests to MM, and have it do the job for me? ie. update the MM database with any tag change requestss, and cause MM to update the tracks.

Or, if I update the tracks is there a facility within MM which will just scan updated tracks to synch the MM database with altered track tags?

I would far prefer the former approach so that MM does the whole job for me, as MM already handles updates to all the various track formats I might encounter.

Any other options?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: Pass a batch of update requests to MM?

Post by Peke »

Ok I'm not following you what exactly you need, can you send me more detailed info and sample code on PM?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Re: Pass a batch of update requests to MM?

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke, I responded by PM (at length :) ) as requested. Let me know if it doesn't get to you.

To anyone else (in case my initial post was unclear):

I was looking to see whether there was a MM facility or script which could accept a batch of update requests into MMW.

The batch request file is generated outside MM.

I open MMW, and then run the request batch.

The request batch file being an xml or text file, with something like:
* Songs.ID
* tagname
* new tag value

MMW would update its database, and also alter the track tags too.

The deliverable is that an external app can send update requests to MMW, and MMW takes care of keeping itself in synch with the track tags, and also takes care of tag updates into all the various flavour of music track codecs that may be encountered.

If such a facility does not exist I was hoping to hear from anybody with advice about how best to externally update some tags in a large collection, keeping MM database in synch with the tracks. .... most keen to hear of a Python friendly approach.

I was hoping to avoid:
* sql updates to the MM database
* followed by finding some way to update track tags, which will handle all the codecs accommodated by MM
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.