My Skin Causes an Access Violation. Why?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

MetalFrog

My Skin Causes an Access Violation. Why?

Post by MetalFrog »

I've been working on an updated version of my personal skin, and whenever I go from the micro player to the fullsize player, I get an access violation. I've spent hours checking image dimensions and the defined sizes, hoping it was something like I had a problem with ages ago, but I've found nothing that seems out of sorts.

Anyone have an idea?
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"
monkey hi fi

Re: My Skin Causes an Access Violation. Why?

Post by monkey hi fi »

Only thing I remember doing that to me at any time was the width of the player background had been changed to exact size of the pixel width leaving no room for the boundary of mediamonkey or windows so a shorter width On the main player fixed it.

roving cowboy/Keith hall/ monkey hi fi
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Oh, right, I left out the empty pixel in the top left of my new images. I'll have to remake them and see if it fixes it.

Thanks for the nudge!
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

I'd like to say I figured this out, but I didn't. It works when I zip up the skin and use it as an msz file, so I'm just editing and saving the zip to keep it working.

monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

dang still not working?

only thing i can think of is the skin is working correctly and is compiled correctly, but you might have a skin in the system that is not correctly compiled.
that did cause me on my xp with mm 3 to have issues in all the skins. i had to remove them all and put them back in one at a time and try each to find the
skin with the messed up codeing in, then i fixed the code and it worked correctly then and did not cause any issues in other skins.

might be the same thing now is going on with mm 4 skins? :-?

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Yeah, I don't know what happened. I can edit in a folder then zip it to use it for production, it's just tedious when you're trying to tweak certain areas and checking to see if the change works. :lol:

I'm at a point where it's close enough to what I want so I've got it zipped up as an msz and just going to stick with it.

Thanks again for lending some advice!