Reload Tag Button (request)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

HaloNachos117

Reload Tag Button (request)

Post by HaloNachos117 »

Hello, I'd like to request a button to search, not only for new files, but for changes made to the old ones. I have a few albums that wouldn't play (I manually loaded them from a hard drive that had been suffering from minor data corruption; I don't use the WI-FI sync feature), so I re-copied them from an old MP3 player of mine, and transferred them to my Android, overwriting the old corrupt versions. However, MM refuses to reread their tags, leaving the word "unknown" in various tag fields (but now the files play just fine).

Also, some of my Album Arts (separate *.jpg files) were also damaged, and had to be recopied, and MM refuses to reload them as well.

I also occasionally change tags on my computer, and recopy both to the Android and my MP3 Player; the latter recognizes changes easily.
Sludgeguts

Rescan button on the android version

Post by Sludgeguts »

Hi

How about a rescan button on the android version
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
dtsig

Re: Rescan button on the android version

Post by dtsig »

Shouldn't that be in the android beta section and not the windows section?

But it couldn't hurt ... though I don't add media to my device other than through MMW/MMA I do find that new videos created on the device do not appear in MMA. I will post a note on the MMA sections
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dtsig

a 'rescan' option for MMA - MMA not seeing new vids

Post by dtsig »

If i make a video on my device why doesn't MMA see it?

Probably the fastest way to *fix* this would be to add a 'rescan' option to rescan all media (maybe optionally just video to speed stuff up).

I want to see/play my vids of grandchildren and new puppy on my device.
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
ShinerDraft

Post by ShinerDraft »

I was wondering about this as well. For now, I don't really care about syncing to my MMW installs. I just copy my files to my mobile device manually. I added some tracks recently, and I'm trying to figure out how to get MMA to scan and add those to my library but I can't find anything. What am I missing?

By the way.. Congrats and thanks to the MMA team. The beta version of MMA is 10x better than Google's built in player or Amazon's player. The interface on those is terrible. I just want to point to a folder on my device where all of my tracks are, ignore everything else, and then shuffle those tracks. I don't need a store, a cloud, or 10 different ways to jack around with a playlist. MMA does exactly what I want in a quick, simple package. Nice work!
HaloNachos117

Post by HaloNachos117 »

I though I would be the only one here who wants this, especially after no one commented on my post. This function would be really nice, indeed! :wink:
heronheart

Post by heronheart »

+1 for this. It would be especially nice if MMA would pick up on the daily changing playlist that my Android podcatcher generates.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It isn't MMA though that indexes files, it's Android's own Media that does it.
heronheart

Post by heronheart »

Lowlander wrote:It isn't MMA though that indexes files, it's Android's own Media that does it.
Yes, but it would be really nice if there were a button inside of MMA that would trigger Android to scan for changes in media. Right now if I want to get an updated playlist from BeyondPod into MMA I have to delete that playlist in MMA, go outside MMA to my widget that toggles a media scan and then wait for the process to finish. It just seems like there ought to be a simpler way, especially one that doesn't involve having to delete MMA's copy of the playlist.
techchallanged

Re: Reload Tag Button (request)

Post by techchallanged »

Has anyone found a fix to this? I dumped a bunch of music on my phone and the tags are all jacked up. It is only a small portion of my main library and it doesn't need to be synced but it would be nice to be able to search the phone.
heronheart

Re: Reload Tag Button (request)

Post by heronheart »

MyTunes has a nice feature in the context menu called "Rescan Playlist" for updating playlists that are generated outside of the program. It would be nice if MMA could do this.