playlist info remains

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Chris K

playlist info remains

Post by Chris K »

Using the latest version of MM I started to auto-sync my library of 3000 plus tracks to a new ipod video 60g last night. After awhile the process finished but when I went to play an individual track, the player would skip to the next until it went through the whole library. I changed the pref. to manual sync and picked a few albums which played fine, however I can't get rid of the obsolete artist/album info from the ipod-that is the ipod still insists these songs are present. I tried going into the drive itself (as shown in My Computer) deleted everything on it and although it shows I have the factory amount of drive space 55.5g free these bogus artist/album stuff remains.

At this point since I have several hundred cd's to rip into MM and I want my tags to be accurate I have decided not to put any music on the ipod till this is done. I simply want a way of getting this bogus info of the ipod and essentially return it to new out of the box.

Help! Thanks
Chris
jc836

Post by jc836 »

You may want to check to see if the I-Pod can be formatted as that will delete everything and give you a "clean" drive.
Chris k

Post by Chris k »

Right. I DL'd the ipod tool from Apple and it restored the ipod to "new out of the box." Still don't know what happened though.