Copying/managing tracks on Dell Pocket DJ

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

GH0STce11

Copying/managing tracks on Dell Pocket DJ

Post by GH0STce11 »

I've got a Dell Pocket DJ 5GB, with the PlaysForSure firmware installed (so i can play tracks through xbox 360)
And i can't put new tracks or edit existing ones on the player.

Help!
rusty

Dell Pocket DJ

Post by rusty »

We've had reports that the Dell DJ works correctly with MM, but haven't tested it or the Pocket DJ in-house.

Synchronization should work, though, and if it doesn't it would be great if you could send us a full bug report (see the second post in this forum).

Note: that editing of tracks on a device is not necessarily supported on all MTP devices--it depends on the device firmware.

-Rusty

Dell DJ20 Synch 'almost' correct

Post by Guest »

I have a Dell DJ20 (1st edition, I think). The Sync with MediaMonkey works well. Pretty much a plug-n-play. However, I've noticed that the playlist I have in MediaMonkey do not copy. The songs copy but the playlist itself does not. I've messed around with the sync options for the dell, trying to specify different folders/paths. MusicMatch is what I've been using and it will copy the playlists so I know it can be done (device supports this). However, I've had some problems with MusicMatch and am anxious to find another media manager that's more stable. I'm not giving up on MediaMonkey. Any help?
jiri

Post by jiri »

MusicMatch possibly uses some native interface that allows playlist creation while MM uses MTP (over WMDM) and it's possible that device firmware doesn't support playlists over this. Have you tried upgrading firmware to the latest version? If so, you can e-mail me debug logs (as described on top of this forum), but I'm not sure this is something to be fixed in MM.

Jiri
lasiandra

DJ30

Post by lasiandra »

I have a Dell DJ30 and I get similar results. The device synchronizes nicely but the playlists do not. I tried to manually copy the playlist over but I could not get that to work either. If anyone has an idea on how to get some playlists onto the device I would greatly appreciate it!

~lasiandra.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you see that manualy copied playlist on DELL?
If you do then Step By step explanation how you did that and where you put tthose Playlists Manualy no matter ih they work or not.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
hennaheto

Post by hennaheto »

I have a dell DJ gen 1 15 gig and I too am having touble getting the playlists to sync.

Yep, DJ20 (1st edition) songs copy, but not playlists

Post by Guest »

I can confirm what everyone else is seeing. Any playlist within MM will copy the songs but not the playlist itself. I have been using MusicMatch for years and now want to give Monkey a try. Everything about Monkey is great except this. What I'm doing is basically maintaining my music library in two places (Monkey & MusicMatch). Once one is up-to-date, I start the other and have it load these newer songs. I also maintain the playlists within MusicMatch. I copy everything else over via Monkey but the playlists with MusicMatch. Before doing all of this, I did try messing with the directory/sub-folder options within sync of Monkey to no avail. If MusicMatch can do it, Monkey can. We just need help with this specific device support. Help ! Please !
jiri

Post by jiri »

Anybody having this problem, please read this http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7245 and e-mail me both debug logs described there.

Jiri
Peke

Post by Peke »

Has anyone tried to locate playlists with Windows Explorer and copy them t Desktop and Via versa. I'm curious where they can be found in WE and how they look.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts