Art & Details behavior question

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

NWDreamer

Art & Details behavior question

Post by NWDreamer »

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm helping Erlend test the upcoming version of his remote phone/tablet application and sometimes I see behaviors that's are coming from MM that I'm not sure about...

Two questions.

1) When you delete everything in the "Now Playing" list, is it usual for the album artwork to stay in the Art & Details Now Playing box? (In other words, shouldn't the artwork be removed as well?)

2) When you have tracks from a different album selected in the main MM window (and the album artwork shows in the Art & Details Selected box), is it normal for the album artwork to change in the Selected window to that of the album currently playing when you click on a song in the playlist? I realize that you are essentially selecting that Playing Now track, but the other tracks in the main MM window are also still selected which gets confusing... What makes this one worse is that there's no way (that I know of) to easily unselect the Now Playing track and retain your prior selection in the main MM window except to right-click in the main window and then hit <Escape>.
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)
Lowlander

Re: Art & Details behavior question

Post by Lowlander »

1) Yes, Player also remains with the playing track info

2) Yes, as the selected (active) track is now in the Now Playing. You'll see that the selected track in the Filelisting is now shown as inactive highlight.
NWDreamer

Post by NWDreamer »

Ok, thanks. I didn't see it with the Player because I don't keep that in view I just use the litle icons under the Now Playing box or the remote app. As for #2, there is no change in the highlighting of the main area (i.e., it's not shown as inactive highlight) - at least not in the 5th Gen Black skin.
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's a skin issue then, in the default Vitreous skin it does happen (when inactive it is a lighter colored highlight).