Losing license and hotkey configuration

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

rycher

Losing license and hotkey configuration

Post by rycher »

A little while after upgrading to 4.0.6.1500, I noticed that I lost my registration in MM (I have a lifetime one), as well as my global hotkeys (the rest of my config seems ok). This is the second time this happens over the last few months (I upgrade after almost each beta). Have you seen this before? I don't know exactly when it happened, if it was on upgrade, or after something else.

Thanks,

Tanguy
nohitter151

Re: Losing license and hotkey configuration

Post by nohitter151 »

Both of those are saved in the registry, did you modify the registry somehow (maybe a 'cleaning' program or something like that?)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rycher

Post by rycher »

nohitter151 wrote:Both of those are saved in the registry, did you modify the registry somehow (maybe a 'cleaning' program or something like that?)
I did nothing like that explicitly. I'll keep an eye out if it happens again to see if I can figure out how it happened.
Thanks!
carport1

Post by carport1 »

Hi Guys,

I've booted up this morning and all my HotKey settings have been reset/lost which is most odd and frustrating. I know (without a doubt) that I didn't click the Reset All HotKeys button FWIW.
I've had this before where Windows loses my user configuration settings, I'm not sure why it happens and as it only happens rarely doesn't bother me too much but could we have an "Export HotKeys" option so I can back them up, avoiding having to re-type them all in again.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

carport1 wrote: I know (without a doubt) that I didn't click the Reset All HotKeys button FWIW.
There is no reset button.

Something like this can happen if you use a registry cleaning tool or some other program messes with your registry, since the hotkey settings are saved there. You could easily backup your hotkeys by just backing up the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Hotkeys
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.