Upgraded and podcast subscriptions don't work [#12166]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jlmcooldude21

Upgraded and podcast subscriptions don't work [#12166]

Post by jlmcooldude21 »

I upgraded to the newer version of MM (version 4.0.1.1461) and now I can't download my podcasts. None of my subscriptions work anymore. It tells me it's an unknown protocol. Can anyone help me out? I would go back to the previous version, but I don't know if it's possible.
Lowlander

Re: Upgraded and now podcast subscriptions don't work

Post by Lowlander »

Try opening the Properties of one and Okaying it. Does it work afterwards?
geegeesmom

Post by geegeesmom »

I am having trouble getting a podcast since upgrading to 4.0.2 yesterday. I'm getting an Unknown Protocol error. It works on my husband's computer but he hasn't upgraded Media Monkey. Any suggestions?
geegeesmom

Post by geegeesmom »

Thanks for your replyHow do I do that? Sorry, I am a new user.

I actually just uninstalled and reinstalled MM and now I'm getting an error message: "IOHandler is not valid". Again, this works on my husband's computer. Are there other settings I should use or not use when setting up the subscription?
glennnnnnnnnnn

Post by glennnnnnnnnnn »

I've had the same problem with 'unknown protocol' but have found if you go to edit subscription & then just delete the last character & re-type it, it then works.
I had the problem without about half of my podcast subscriptions & all work now.
geegeesmom

Post by geegeesmom »

Thanks, Glennnnnnnn, I did a clean uninstall and reinstall and now get an "IOHandler value is not valid" error. Not sure that's progress. Still not working. I tried your suggestion with no luck.
WhoDat

Post by WhoDat »

I had trouble with NPR podcasts after upgrading. Deleting/Replacing the last character didn't work. It turns out that most of my urls were missing the leading "http://" before the link. Inserting that cleared things up.
geegeesmom

Post by geegeesmom »

I downgraded back to MM 3.0 and all my problems disappeared. So apparently there's a problem with the upgrade. I have submitted a ticket and got a reply with a suggestion yesterday. It didn't work and they haven't responded to my follow-up message or the second follow-up.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
scaber2

Post by scaber2 »

I found that if you right-click on the podcast subscription and then choose 'Edit Subscription' then just click 'OK' without doing anything at least it then appears to check for updates
mmusertx

Post by mmusertx »

:( I'm have the same problem with Dave Ramsey's podcast. I have 2 other podcast that work fine but not this one. If I paste the url into firefox, it comes up just fine. The url is working fine on beyondpod on my android phone. I've tried the cut and re-paste, opening and just hitting ok. None of the soln I've seen here work. Does anyone know if there is a fix or if this is viewed as an open bug?
geegeesmom

Post by geegeesmom »

Media Monkey Support never responded to my message after the first reply. Very bad customer service!! I finally just downgraded back to the 3.0 version and it's working fine now.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try MediaMonkey 4.0.3.1463 as it contains various Podcasts fixes. If it still fails please post the Podcasts URLs for those that fail: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 32#p326132

The next build of 4.0.3 should have additional Podcast fixes.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Here is the url: http://www.mytotalmoneymakeover.com/ind ... stXXToken=<token_deleted>.xml

If you're like the token also, please contact me privately.
You can contact support with the URL and token: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit
mmusertx

Post by mmusertx »

Thanks!! Sending to support just slipped my mind LOL
kyle5434

Post by kyle5434 »

mmusertx wrote::( I'm have the same problem with Dave Ramsey's podcast. I have 2 other podcast that work fine but not this one. If I paste the url into firefox, it comes up just fine. The url is working fine on beyondpod on my android phone. I've tried the cut and re-paste, opening and just hitting ok. None of the soln I've seen here work. Does anyone know if there is a fix or if this is viewed as an open bug?
Did this ever get resolved? I too subscribe to the Dave Ramsey Show podcast, and after trying out MediaMonkey 4.0.3.1476 as a podcatcher today, I get the error message. The feed works fine in gpodder.

Thanks,
Kyle