3.2.6 Ipad 2 support??

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

outlandis

3.2.6 Ipad 2 support??

Post by outlandis »

I am running MM 3.2.5 and cannot see mt Ipad 2 in IOS 4.3.2 with MM this has supposedly been fixed in 3.2.6 but it's not available for download. When can we expect some sort of 3.2.6 beta?
nohitter151

Re: 3.2.6 Ipad 2 support??

Post by nohitter151 »

I've not seen or heard mention of any 3.2.6 release. iPad 2 support was supposed to be in 3.2.5. Can you clarify what you're referring to?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

Maybe I read this incorrectly

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7508

but it seems to me that

"Fixed in build 1366 and merged to MM 3.2.6.

It seems that it originally worked only for some iPad 2 devices, while others have another ID. "

Is a pretty clear indication that MM 3.2.6 exists in some form.
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

Upon further testing with MM 4.0.0.1367, the ipad is recognized by MM but when I sync, music does not appeat in the music library on the ipad and a subsequent connection to itunes says that the ipad cannot be read and it needs to be restored.

ipad 2 at IOS 4.3.2

Looks like the sync with the ipad 2 is broken.
slickthomas

Post by slickthomas »

I just hope it gets fixed in either code base. I got tired of reinstalling between 3.x and 4.x. I've settled on 3.x for now because it is generally more stable and will stay up to date on it. I finally sent the long overdue debugging log to them for 3.x and the iPad 2.

However, if you do get a version of 4.x completely working, please post to let the rest of us know.
ringgh0st

Post by ringgh0st »

same prob here. im running mm 3.2.5 and ipad 2 with fw 4.3.2. no ipad is shown up when starting mm. mediamonkey 4 is not a choice for me - much to alpha yet. please upgrade mm to 4.2.6 to get all the ipad 2 users happy again ;)
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

Upon further testing this seems to be an issue that is isolated to the IPAD2. I updated my ipod touch 4G to 4.3.2 today and MM 3.2.5 put all my music on there without a hitch. Are the developers aware of the issue. Do they need anything further to assist in a solution?
ringgh0st

Post by ringgh0st »

outlandis wrote:Upon further testing this seems to be an issue that is isolated to the IPAD2. I updated my ipod touch 4G to 4.3.2 today and MM 3.2.5 put all my music on there without a hitch. Are the developers aware of the issue. Do they need anything further to assist in a solution?
jip. its an ipad 2 problem. iphone 4 with 4.3.2 works flawless.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

It should work in the latest MM4 build. 3.2.6 has the fix but is not released yet, it would seem that the devs are waiting for some verification that the posted fix actually works first.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

As I stated earlier, with the newest build of MM, 4.0.1367, the ipad 2 is seen in MM but any attempt to sync to the ipad shows no music on the ipad and causes itunes to report that it cannot read the contents of the ipad and it must be restored. It seems if that is the fix they are relying on, it is not 100% yet.
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

Just downloaded 3.2.6 and still the same problem. Music synced from MM does not show up on the ipad. Worse yet, after sending the music over to the ipad when connected to itunes it complains that itunes cannot read the device and it needs to be restored. Ipad 2 GSM running ios 4.3.2... Am I the only one seeing this issue on sync?
leebel

Post by leebel »

Same problem for me.

I'm running MM 4.0.0.1367 and IOS 4.3.2. MM sees the ipad2 just fine and transfers files dandy, but they don't show up on the iPod app (which I presume is where they should show up?). The iPad2 is new to me so I'm open to doing something dumb.

I also note that like others, iTunes asks for the iPad 2 to be 'restored' after music transfer. Not nice. We will have to wait for a solid fix before trying MM again.
Manager, Blatant Fabrications Pty Ltd
jiri

Post by jiri »

Anyone having a problem with iPad 2, please e-mail me a debug log (of syncing few tracks to the device) and description of your model (wi-fi only or 3G, memory).

Thanks,
Jiri

email is jh (at) mediamonkey.com
outlandis

Post by outlandis »

Jiri,

Have you gotten enough samples to figure out the problems with the ipad 2 or do you need more?
I would be happy to send you mine, but I can't afford to corrupt my ipad and do a restore at the very moment.
Let me know if you have enough debug logs or if you need more samples.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks, I'm currently trying to get iPad 2 so that I can better test myself. Hopefully I'll get one in few days...

Jiri