Problem moving my music collection to new hard drive

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Sadie984

Re: Problem moving my music collection to new hard drive

Post by Sadie984 »

I am having a similar problem. My old computer died but not the hard disc. I have the old hard disc hooked up to my new computer as Drive G: Both computers are/were Windows 7 64 bit and I have the latest MediaMonkey Gold. I copied all the music to my new C: Drive and downloaded MM again. I moved the MM.DB file as suggested and now it works great except it is reading the music from the G: Drive and I would like to get it to read from the C: Drive. I see the script for changing drives BUT the problem I have is that in the G: Drive my User Folder is named "Kathy Desktop" for some reason that I can't remember and in the C: Drive it is named "Kathy" so the file paths will not be the same. I guess I could create another User called Kathy Desktop for my music but this seems like it shouldn't be necessary. Any ideas of how to move the file location in this scenerio. I did try the "locate moved file" idea but nothing happened. Do I have to do this one song at a time?? It said to pick at least one song, and I don't know how to select the entire library, maybe if I did that would work. Kathy
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

go to the playlist node
select the all accessible files playlist

when it shows in the listview area, go to the menu bar and click on edit. then click on select all.

now you can click on find missing files and it should look for all of them., should but that is going to take
time if you have large library it might also crash the computer if you don't have a fast enough cpu or have
enough ram.

so it is always a good idea to select small groups of the songs to start and slowly add a few to the next group
until you see monkey start to slow down too much then you know you've put too much in that last group.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Sadie984

Post by Sadie984 »

Worked great once I had enough sense to turn off the G: drive so it HAD to find the new location. Thanks a lot for your help. Kathy