aero glass and transperancy?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Dreadlau

Re: aero glass and transperancy?

Post by Dreadlau »

I just discovered that Foobar also have completely transparent ( with aero effects) skins! :o

This one for example:
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
vpsaxman

Post by vpsaxman »

Niccccccce!
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3GHz)
ASRock A780
4GB DDR2 333
ATI Radeon HD 3200
Library on two disks : Western Digital Caviar 1.5TB - WDC 640GB
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

so how do you see the words.? make huge fonts to block the background?
put a solid color in the backgroud of the skin?
whats the use of the full transparent window thing other then to eat up cpu cycles.
and make it hard to click on the links
in the menu with out going to the icon on the desktop behind the menu.

nope i still like the background only seen when i look at the desktop when i am looking at a program i want to see it. 8)
i'm stuck in the mud and digging in deeper you'all have ta get a bigger grip on that rope if you going to drag me in to
this transparent stuff. cause i'm not willing to move to it. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

That looks awful, in my opinion.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Yeah it's not a very good skin. But so what?

I posted that screenshot to show you that foobar now supports completely glassy skins.
That's a great advancement in skinning capabilities. It's the first Media player I see that can do that.

Isn't that exciting?
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Dreadlau wrote:That's a great advancement in skinning capabilities.
:-?

I do not like it either. I think it lacks substance.
This type of skin has no interest and would be completely unreadable when over another window.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Found another one. ( So that you can write how awful it is :P )

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

but my jungle background would make this hard to read also.
and i would not know what to click on the icon or the monkey in the desktop theme.
i could change the desktop them to a startrek one but then i'd have all the ships in my player
making hard to see that one too?
um? maybe the circus image?
nope the clowns have too many colors on and make it hard to pick a font color.?
my semi truck desktops? no same thing too many colors in it.

i just can't seem to find any way to use photos as a desktop and still use transparent skins,
it needs to be a solid color to get the fonts readable.
and changing my desktop back to win 3.1 style of solid desktop color is just not going to happen. :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I do think it looks gorgeous, but I'm not sure I would use it. I jumped on the transparency bandwagon in the early 2000's, but now I don't find it that practical anymore and the cool factor has been lost after a decade. Besides on my all black desktop there isn't too much to see.