Any interest in this micro-skin I've made for myself?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Shiny Rabbit

Re: Any interest in this micro-skin I've made for myself?

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

rovingcowboy wrote:no leave it on the player where its at. there are people that use smaller screens and the small player while they do things like surf. so they don't use the big album art window so one on the player that works well with the small screens.

on the larger screens we use the album art window unless we are doing other things on the computer but i leave it on the player at all times.

:D
well it's all down to personal preference and how you use MediaMonkey

btw the rest of the skin is looking very nice so far, certainly looking like one of the best so far
Last edited by Shiny Rabbit on Fri May 07, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Thanks, Wabbit!

I'm kinda at a point where I'm losing motivation at playing around this stilly theme file, but I'll finish it up and release it soon. :D
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"
Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

heh, no problem, looking forward to dressing my Monkey with this

MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Yeah, I've really enjoyed using it the last few days. I mean, it is suited to pretty much exactly what I wanted, so I can't complain, but still.
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

the skin looks really promising so far. i am really looking forward for this one. please, do not loose the motivation ;)
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

heartofhate wrote:the skin looks really promising so far. i am really looking forward for this one. please, do not loose the motivation ;)
Too late, it's totally gone! :lol:

Nah, I'll get back to it later in the week. I'm in the middle of a few projects so I don't have much time to poke around and do trial and error stuff to wrap it up. :D

Nate43

Post by Nate43 »

Any progress?
NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue »

Bump...
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Thanks for continued interest, people. :)

I haven't had enough time (or patience) to sit down and finish up the main theme skin file. Downloaded the training skin, but it doesn't do much in helping label the areas of the skin that you need to style.

I'll finish it up and release it at some point soon!

Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

good to hear, still can't wait for you to finish up

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

MetalFrog wrote:Thanks for continued interest, people. :)

I haven't had enough time (or patience) to sit down and finish up the main theme skin file. Downloaded the training skin, but it doesn't do much in helping label the areas of the skin that you need to style.

just use that training skin dreadm made and use another copy of a skin msz file change that to zip unzip it in to a folder to keep it seperated from other files.

now go in there and open the mskn file for the theme with the theme engine used to make the skin.

now in that theme engine go to the menu bar and on the file menu you will see a option to export images.
click that and it will export the images in the skin theme.mskn to the folder the theme.mskn is located.
then all you got to do is open each of those images in image editor and change them to what you want.
make sure you change the extenstion of the image to show only the first one because that is what it is

the theme engine just puts both on there for some reason?

so baiscly its like i say in the forum here from time to time, just covering the playing cards with your own photos, which is skinning the deck of cards.

then just go to the image node in the mskn on the engine, and replace the ones in that theme you are using as a copy templete, then you can see how to make the theme mskn.

my fast newbies walk through on the wiki site is for making the theme mskn and i go in to more detail there.
and it is a step by step way of doing it. some tips were added by steegy for more advanced skinners or scripters that read it. and i added some updates.
but you can read that and get it done fairly fast. just remember that walkthrough is simple in fashion it is just to get your foot in the door of making a skin.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

rovingcowboy wrote:
MetalFrog wrote:Thanks for continued interest, people. :)

just use that training skin dreadm made and use another copy of a skin msz file change that to zip unzip it in to a folder to keep it seperated from other files.

now go in there and open the mskn file for the theme with the theme engine used to make the skin.

now in that theme engine go to the menu bar and on the file menu you will see a option to export images.
click that and it will export the images in the skin theme.mskn to the folder the theme.mskn is located.
then all you got to do is open each of those images in image editor and change them to what you want.
make sure you change the extenstion of the image to show only the first one because that is what it is

the theme engine just puts both on there for some reason?

so baiscly its like i say in the forum here from time to time, just covering the playing cards with your own photos, which is skinning the deck of cards.

then just go to the image node in the mskn on the engine, and replace the ones in that theme you are using as a copy templete, then you can see how to make the theme mskn.

my fast newbies walk through on the wiki site is for making the theme mskn and i go in to more detail there.
and it is a step by step way of doing it. some tips were added by steegy for more advanced skinners or scripters that read it. and i added some updates.
but you can read that and get it done fairly fast. just remember that walkthrough is simple in fashion it is just to get your foot in the door of making a skin.
I appreciate the help, but I don't think I would have made it this far if I didn't know how to import images and handle the dimensions in the editor...

I'm talking about tweaking all of the TEXT colors that have absolutely no documentation. The track browser, the album art track listing... Et cetera...

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

your welcome maybe some one reading this thread will get some help from it.

i remember now who you are. so yep you got it down. :D

the text colors are a bit touchy your right. for the most part i just use the font selection node and change the color with that color button in the theme engine.

changing the color in the code panel in the right of the theme engine object is tricky. and when you test the color in the engine they change, but in real world use of a finished skin they might not change. :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Yeah I've noticed that. It's like the code acts differently when MM uses it or something. It's a little frustrating heh.

It's just a bunch of trial and error which doesn't help when I've only got a few minutes a week to put toward it, but I'll get it done. :D

Nate43

Post by Nate43 »

Any news to report?