Any interest in this micro-skin I've made for myself?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

MetalFrog

Any interest in this micro-skin I've made for myself?

Post by MetalFrog »

I use a double high taskbar, so I always use the one on the bottom, but I figured if I was going to ever release it I should make a skinnier version too.

If there's any desire to have it released I'll move on and skin the rest of the players. Thoughts?
A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

The butcher replies, "No way! The steaks are too high!"
DreadM

Re: Any interest in this micro-skin I've made for myself?

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Nice one, double high player looks good ,but i think don't works right on vista and Xp systems .
also i don't know if it make sense to have AArt on the small one 26-28 pix?
But why not make a hole theme ,player layout and colors looking promising.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you want to only make a vertical and horizontal micro player set for release thats fine post it there are people that will customize different skins with different player skins by mix and matching.

so if you only want to do part of a skin thats fine :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

that looks impressive, I'd certainly want to see a full skin like that

Windows 7 Enterprise x64. MediaMonkey 4 (unless I forget to update this)
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Thanks for the comments. I'll be up front about this, once I'm done, I won't be maintaining it.

I'm just building something that I like to look at, so it is very much what I want to have in a skin. The size is large (I have a fairly large screen), and only the info I want to see is displayed. I know there'll be requests for tweaks and changes to make it more versatile, but I really don't have the desire to accommodate those requests.

I'll be releasing the first completed version with an MIT License, and all of the resources that I have used to create the skin. Then it'll be up to the community to maintain, or let die, along the lines of what Cowboy has mentioned. :D

I share now a mockup of the main player, along with a couple of shots showing how it could look with some simple changes to the colors in the PSD.

A man walks into a butcher shop and says, "I'll bet you fifty dollars you can't take the meat down off the top shelf!"

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

my what big buttons you have there. ha ha . good to see an hosnest person post they are not going to update the skin or adjust it for everyone.

but i'm glad you are posting it with your stuff so it can be customized by those that want too.

never though of that when i did the postings of the member created skins? but it makes it a lot easier for those that know how to skin to particapate in a skin project.

those are a nice clear clean and simple skin that look like they will do well on a touch screen. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

whoah, loving that so far nice and clear, big player fonts, easy to read, keep it up (yeah, I like to sit back and whack the volume on my expensive speakers up) . only thing I don't particularly like is the album art positioned there but that's just me.

MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Any ideas on a better spot? :)

I'm open to suggestions, but no promises about changes, since a lot of stuff is already positioned alongside the art. heh.

So far, here's what I've got...

Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

I'd probably say on the far right or not have it in the player part at all (I have album art below the navigation tree so I can admire it from further away from the screen and know what it is I'm looking at rather than a tiny thumbnail I can barely make out) but again, that's just me and it's not really a big deal

MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Ah, I see. Yeah I've got mine set to show the selected, that's why I added the now playing one to the player. :D

Shiny Rabbit

Post by Shiny Rabbit »

ok that makes sence

I also noticed your last screenshot has a good song playing ^_^

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no leave it on the player where its at. there are people that use smaller screens and the small player while they do things like surf. so they don't use the big album art window so one on the player that works well with the small screens.

on the larger screens we use the album art window unless we are doing other things on the computer but i leave it on the player at all times.

:D
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

I'm starting to go crazy here. Editing the theme.mskn file is crazy difficult. Is there any guide that shows how to control the aspects of the skin?

I've been going with the trial and error approach for the last hour, and getting nowhere except with changing images. Any tips?

Eyal

Post by Eyal »

You can define this background in sdb_background_aaview.bmp file (in skin's folder).
AA views text/selection colors are defined in Theme.mskn : Objects\VirtualTree.

Have you tried the Traning Skin?
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
MetalFrog

Post by MetalFrog »

Eyal wrote:You can define this background in sdb_background_aaview.bmp file (in skin's folder).
AA views text/selection colors are defined in Theme.mskn : Objects\VirtualTree.

Have you tried the Traning Skin?
Thanks. :D

Didn't even know a training skin existed. :O