Two Visualizations in the Player

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rrfpacker

Two Visualizations in the Player

Post by rrfpacker »

Is it possible to have two instances of visualization in the player? On some skins I think it would look cool.
DreadM

Re: Two Visualizations in the Player

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Yes,you can.
You have to defined custom Vis in the player.mskn and ini,
for the player.mskn, it have to look like this or similar:
and the ini looks like this or similar:

Code: Select all

[VisualizationLeft]
Type=Panel
Resizable=1,1,0,0
Pos=12,48
Size=156,15
Transperent=1
Steps=13

[VisualizationRight]
Type=Panel
Resizable=0,0,1,1
Pos=512,48
Size=156,15
Transperent=1
Steps=13
Wiki say:Visualization (for standard MM build-in visualization), VisualizationLeft and VisualizationRight (for user themed visualization)
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

My Goodness, thank you for a thorough explanation. I guess it's time to read wiki better.

At this time I'm not creating a skin, just trying to modify one, and for some reason I thought two visualizations would look good. I tried copying the one that came with the player and naming it [Custom?] and that didn't work and I was pretty sure I couldn't have two items called Visualization, so I can't wait to try this. Thanks again.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no you can't have two of the same visual unless it is left and right.

and then it will only show one if you place them in the same location you won't see the second one.

how ever if you do what i did in the concert skin you might get to see both.

in there the code in the player mskn file has 3 the one visual then the left and right visuals.

in the ini code there is only 2 left and right.

both in the same place.

i believe the reason for being able to see both left and righte is that the images are all 40 dpi meaning there is enough
for the player to show them but not enough to keep the one in the rear hidden.

because it flashes them on the screen so fast and if the one is weaker then the other channel is shown.
in watching that play the songs it does seem to work like that cause i can tell the difference in left and right. when they show on the screen.

now if you are after two different looks yes you can do that just make the images for the left and right different
and place them in different locations.

that is what i did with the cb radio on the trucking monkey.

the needle is the left channel and the green modulation light is the right channel.

if you want to make them appear to look like the light reflections on a shinny metal item then just make the images half the size in height you want or which ever is longer then stretch the image with the code in the ini file and tell the image in the mskn file to stretch this will give you a light reflection like on the side of the bumper on the trucking monkey.
it is also how i made the strings on the guitar player for the hillbilly rock diner.

if you look at my skins you will see you don't really need to use small straight horizontal lines, just make the images line up and fit the way you want in the theme engine first.
:D

Edited in.

oh yea anynumber of images over 12 and your taking a chance at them not all loading.
nothing in monkey can change that. it is due to the speed at which the users cpu can preload images.
there is a fix for it which i suggest every one do that uses the concert skin and the vumeter or silvertone skins i made.
that fix is simpley change to the mini player then when the images load in the mini player change back to the main player

what is going on is the images load fast when you start monkey but not fast enough for all the av effects images, so going to the mini player will make the images get told to load again. this will give the ones that didn't make it on start up have time to get in then. and going back to the main player will just give them a little more time if needed.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm not creating a skin, yet, I'm just playing around learning things.

So are you saying that I can copy/paste the visualization entry in an ini file, change the position numbers, call one right, one left and be able to have two visualizations?

May have to give that a try.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

rrfpacker wrote:I'm not creating a skin, yet, I'm just playing around learning things.

So are you saying that I can copy/paste the visualization entry in an ini file, change the position numbers, call one right, one left and be able to have two visualizations?

May have to give that a try.
Yes,but also you have to create the Vis objects in the player.mskn! like in the first pic.

Create a container name it Visualizations,
than create bitmap objects for each band ,and defined for each band an different image with the same size .

Than create 2 bitmap objects ,name it VisualizationLeft and VisualizationRight ,this are for the backgrounds from the vis windows.

Thats it :wink:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

its like dreadm is telling you.

first you set it up in the theme engine.

one set of images used by both left and right if you want left and right, or two sets of images if you want them different.

that is done in the one object for visuals.

if you don't want left and right then just make the one set of images.

and don't include the left and right visual objects in the mskn file.

and in the ini file just make the one visual item and call it the same name as you did in the mskn file.

you then just have to do testing and postioning of the one on the player skin to get it in the pixel location you want.

if you do the left and right you need to have only two visual items in the ini file for the player.

these visuals in the skin are volume meters and react to the dynmics of the song. you put in as many images as you want
and tell the player how many there are by using the step line in the visul item in the ini file.

there will always be one more then you have in the band images. cause you need one for the not playing image which is put in the the left and right visual objects in the skins mskn file.

thats all dreadm and me were saying.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.