Looking for Icon insights

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rrfpacker

Looking for Icon insights

Post by rrfpacker »

I've noticed some icons are the same, even though they do different things. Example, the Clear Now Playing List - All But Now Playing icon is the same as Refresh MyCustomNodes with Updated .ini file.

How do these get assigned to these functions and can they be changed? I see that some scripts come with their own icon and the script says what the icon is, such as the AutoRate or the RightClickforScripts icon. With others, I don't see an icon that matches up with the script.

I also saw a list somewhere, I checked the wiki but didn't find it, of all MM icons and their designations. Can anyone tell me where that is?
DreadM

Re: Looking for Icon insights

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

Did you look at the Wiki Scripting Resources?

Yes some scripts got their own icons ,and the other's use the MM icons or Skin icons ,these icons can be changed.
And i think thy are defined in the vbs file from script's .
rrfpacker

Re: Looking for Icon insights

Post by rrfpacker »

Ok, I think I've got it. MM has its own set of icons in the Icon folder. Within the script's .vbs file is the instruction of which MM icon to use for whatever function the script does. Or, the script writer can include their own icon, name it whatever they want, and put it in the script mmip. That icon then goes into the scripts folder, or auto folder, and the script uses it because the instructions are in the script.

Excellent. Now I can change some icons so I don't get confused.

I did find the listing of all the icons in the Scripting Resources wiki. Thank you.