How to display playback buttons ant gauge at the top?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

qazwsxedcrfvg

How to display playback buttons ant gauge at the top?

Post by qazwsxedcrfvg »

Is there is a skin or on option to display playback gauge and buttons at the top of MM? :roll:
nohitter151

Re: How to display playback buttons ant gauge at the top?

Post by nohitter151 »

In most skins you can just drag the player where ever you like.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _image_map

check that page out to see the dock areas if you have not already.

and a tip on moving the player, it is best to click on the top right area of the player or other dockable window's title bar, to get the pointer as close to the borders as you can which makes it an easier way to control the placement of them.

just make sure you don't click on any area of the player that has buttons or text areas. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
qazwsxedcrfvg

Post by qazwsxedcrfvg »

Thanks guys for your replies. I had a skin where it was not possible.
Now I am in "no-skin" mode - the playback buttons and gauge are taking much less space, I placed them on the side panel (and no-skin makes it possible to make this side panel relatively narrow in comparison with some skinned variants).
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i know of no skin that makes it impossible to move the player,with the exception of the skin author locking the player in the postion of the bottom dock. but you can even go in the skins files and unlock it if you really want to move that skin's player.

which skin did you have that you wanted to move.

are you one of the people using a vertical screen. and that is what you need a narrow window for?
if so the Esthetic Hi Fi skin and the the Startreking monkey skin i made, those two are able to be on
vertical screens esthetic hi fi will stretch up and down but it is quite wide, even in vertical mode.
star treking monkey is narrow player, its about as wide as the default size for the monkeys directory tree window,
but it has the wide skin code only the center and right are transparent so it stretches wided if it is the only thing in the bottom or top dock areas. which it has to be on a larger screen to use it in those dock areas.

then you have some of the converted skins with the small players, or some of mine that i call smallish becausae they can fit in 640 x 480 screens.
and you can move those players around.

or are we missing what your trying to do.? :o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
qazwsxedcrfvg

Post by qazwsxedcrfvg »

It is "Glided" skin, where you can not move the gauge.

I liked VitreousBlue. But when you move under "Music Explerer Tree" it makes this panel to wide, and if you make it narrower - many controls of the "buttons, gauge" panel disappear.

The idea is, that it is too much space lost on, it is empty, with no information. I better have 5 album arts shown instead of this (if I have MM full screen). Who needs such waste of space?
Compare to this. Though, I would have made it even 30% narrower, but than the volume gauge disappears, because there is too much space reserved for playback gauge (or/and Title & Artist). And I miss rating stars here, for quick rating.
Without a skin MM is also faster ;)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you see the messed up way in which you have tried to put the player in the side dock.

that is caused by the skin author, in this case nohitter151, making the skin set in a size that will only shrink so far. this is the style of the skinning in mediamonkey.

in the default skin morten has made the player docked in the bottom dock because he wanted it used that way.

in order to get smaller area's when putting the player in the left or right dock area you need a skin that has the main player able to shrink to the small size. these such players are in the old mm 2 skins we converted to mm 3. and some others we made, look at my skins i called smallish, and maybe some small skins of mine those are able to shrink the main player pretty small. also check the converted skins out. my skin called silvertone can get narrow like that but it is rather tall of a player so can my fishers of men skin and the farmer monkey skin.

so i've made a few different styles for the smaller player. not sure how many others have done so but you should check with the author of them to see if they have the narrow main player.
8)
qazwsxedcrfvg

Post by qazwsxedcrfvg »

Got me Brushed Monkey.
(Was looking at download page for a 'download link' for 20 seconds, before I guessed that that is the icon of MM - to download ;))
Overridden backgrounds (yours were - not my taste). The icons and the nods in browser tree are not suiting to Brush aluminium, or green background for stars, IMO.
But overall - good.
Thanks.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

qazwsxedcrfvg wrote:Got me Brushed Monkey.
(Was looking at download page for a 'download link' for 20 seconds, before I guessed that that is the icon of MM - to download ;))
Overridden backgrounds (yours were - not my taste). The icons and the nods in browser tree are not suiting to Brush aluminium, or green background for stars, IMO.
But overall - good.
Thanks.
thats a good skin but the only thing i did was put the brushed backgrounds in the listviews and the stars for the ratings and coverted it to mm 3, for trixmoto whom made the skin, the same with the blue brushed monkey he did the skin then i added the new volume meter and the stars and coverted it to mm 3.
and made the splash screens for them. he got busy with scripts and did not have time to convert them so i did that for him.

so thanks for the flowers on what i did. but trix gets the rest of the thanks for the great skin. one thing you might look at the player you will see what is two speakers on the right side of the player skin. those are not buttons those are the inducater for stereo sound. when you see one speaker its mono sound.
trix put the playlist button and the equalizer button under those speaker images.