Scroll Bar Intersecting Box

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

rrfpacker

Scroll Bar Intersecting Box

Post by rrfpacker »

I've been away from my computer for a couple of weeks. One of the first things I did, of course, was go to the forum and see if there were any new skins. Yay, I found the ION and Nouveau colors. I downloaded and installed them last night and now I find that in the lower left corner of the library tree, where the horizontal and vertical scroll bars come together there is either a white box or a black box, or a color of the background, depending on the skin. It seems to affect every skin now and I know it wasn't there before.

For example, in the Noir skin it's white, in the Blue Glass it's black, in the MM Ultimate it's white.

I noticed this immediately last night. Is it possible one of the new skins has anything to do with this? What can I do to fix it?
LikeMM

Re: Scroll Bar Intersecting Box

Post by LikeMM »

I do not have this problem but I have noticed that this area is given step-motherly treatment by MM3. When the computer wakes up from standby or hibernation, this box is the last to be drawn by MM. Sometime, it will forget to draw it. Other programs behind MM can be seen through this hole. A 'minimize' followed by 'restore' normally fixes it.

I see this behavior once in a while. I use modified Glided skin.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the area you are talking about is in fact part of the skin for theme of the windows shell. when we make the skins we use the graphic image of the "NC area" to skin there. it is needed to be changed in some skins.

i said it before about some skins but i think the skinners took it wrong. but this area being white in some skins is because they were copied or made from images used in mm 2.5 which the code for that area did not have an image. so the real mm 3 skins (which means just copied from the original default skin for mm 3 which was royal blue.) has that image, so they need to copy that code from the msz file of that skin and paste it in to their msz file for their skin. then they can change that image.
i got to do that on some of my skins yet too but I'm waiting for stable 3.1 to make any changes to my skins.

but the nc area is just put there because you can't cover up one scroll bar with the other one. it also allows for easy left clicking and changing of the size of the windows cause if you click there you don't move the scroll bar.
so making it a different color can be useful, but most don't realize it is useful and think its a bug in the skin.
it is not a bug. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

@RC:

But why sometimes it's shown correct and sometimes not?
This you can see also in default glided skin ,
glided skin use the default windows one (no definated ScrollBar Object)
In all my Skins i definate this area and skin it with an image,
and sometimes i see this behaviour and sometimes not,
and when this effect happend's i change to other skins and you can see the same.
for me looks like have something todo with less memory,it mostly happends when i run many prog. at same time.

And for me it's a Bug ! until somebody look inside my theme.mskn's and can tell me what iam doing wrong! :roll:

Peace and Love :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

did you add in the code to your objects for the nc area? it was not in the object list for mm 2.5 skins.
:D

but going on your line of thought.
it would be the same image error you get when you have more then 10 images for the av effect. like my concert skin, does some times it needs a reboot to load all the images in to the temp folder to show them.

if you are getting that with this little nc area you are very very very very much out of ram since that little image is not using much memory. being out of memory is caused by some program i guess that you have hogging more then its needing.

but i only get the white area or lack of image for the nc area in the skins i made that were using the mm 2.5 theme.mskn file and i converted to mm 3. that old theme.mskn file is not having the nc area in it. open a skin like royal blue or one of the other original skins and look in the objects for where it has the nc area placed.
then check your skin and see if it is in there too.
i did that with my skins and it was not in those old style ones i did. 8)

not saying your a bad skinner or blind or anything like that. just saying we get busy and miss some things. i know i did. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Well, here I am a week later, and after starting this thread, I have yet to see the box in any skin. Weird.

But thanks to everyone for discussing it and teaching me about a skin.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

your welcome but your post is confusing? the first post said you found the box and wanted to know what it was?

this last one you posted that you have not seen the box in any skin?

so which is it you have seen it or you have not seen it? :o
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

My bad, the box is still there. What I meant was that I have not seen it be unruly. Before, sometimes it would be white in a dark skin, and sometimes it would be black in a blue skin or just some other color different than normal.

The original post was pointing out that the box color did not match the skin. That issue now seems to be gone.