Splash Image

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

Splash Image

Post by CoachUK »

I'm currently teaching myself how to produce a new skin (my first), so I'm actually trying to modify an existing one to start with, and I'm also having to teach myself how to use Photoshop.....(I'm getting wayyyyyy too old for all this technology stuff).

Anyway....I've designed myself a new splash image for when MediaMonkey loads and thought I'd share it with anyone who might want it. It also gives a flavour of the Theme I'm trying for with the skin.

Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
Dreadlau

Re: Splash Image

Post by Dreadlau »

Ipod-monkey :lol: :wink:

Nice splash btw :D
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Wow! I love it.

Thanks CoachUK, from now this will be my spalsh image, replacing my old one:

Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

hey is there a simple way to change the splash screen?
I looked in the mediamonkey folder but didn't find the file.

if there is, I'll try yours a bit :)
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

Save the image as Splash.png in the MediaMonkey/Brand folder e.g. .../Program Files/MediaMonkey/Brand

If the folder doesn't already exist, just create a new one and put the image in there and it should override the default splash image when you next start MediaMonkey.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Thank you. :D
Works like a charm.
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

Works and looks good here, too. Thanks.
Can't afford a signature.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Very nice. If there's any criticism at all, it would be that there is one black pixel in the white just above the monkey's upper paw (hand?) on the left side. :)
Stop Button Freak
gege

Post by gege »

Humm, I swear I saw that podMonkey somewhere else... :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8)

BTW, there's is no such a thing as "too old" to learn. Go on experimenting and whenever you have any doubts just drop us a line. You'll always find someone able to help you here.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Tsss Tsss, hehe :wink:
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Thanks for that...

I actually didn't know about:
MediaMonkey\Brand\Splash.png

Another avenue for creativity. :)
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

by gege on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Humm, I swear I saw that podMonkey somewhere else...
@gege - You da Man....You will always be da Man...I will always walk respectfully several paces behind...

@Dreadlau - Ya think I 'sucked up' enough to get away with it? :roll:

@Dypsis - You're welcome
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

dypsis wrote:Thanks for that...

it was said i believe befor you got in to skinning.
but it is in the posts in this forum from last year 2007 some time.

just make sure you notify the downloaders of any of your skins you put a splash screen in.
that they NEED TO back up any that they are currently using because the only way the screens load
is once upon the installing of the skins.

so it is needed to back up the ones you have if any before you load any skin with a splash screen included.

i've included one in the startreking monkey skin i did. but i tell you in the wiki screen shot page that you have to back up your original splash screen in the brand folder if you have one.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

rovingcowboy wrote:
dypsis wrote:Thanks for that...

they NEED TO back up any that they are currently using because the only way the screens load
is once upon the installing of the skins.

so it is needed to back up the ones you have if any before you load any skin with a splash screen included.
I just delete the Brand folder or Splash.png, and all is back to normal again.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yes that is what you do if you never used a splash screen of your own.

the default one is in the program exe. so getting rid of the one you added in will make it go back to the default one.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.