Can I remove "THE" from Album name when auto-organizing?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Can I remove "THE" from Album name when auto-organizing?

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone,

I've used MediaMonkey for a few years now, great program. I've recently had a look at the auto-organize rule, and it seems to be a neat function. Currntly I have the files listed under the main folder, then the first letter of the artist's name, then album, et cetera.

However, for Various Artists, I have the files listed under the main folder, and then the first letter of the ALBUM. and here lies my problem: I can't get it to remove the word "The" from the beginning of the ALBUM name when renaming files, so alot of them get filed under "T" instead of the first letter of the second word.

I'd like to keep the word "THE" in the actual field, just remove it from the filename. Is that possible?

This is the current rule I have:

M:\MP3\Collection\$if(<Album Artist>=<Artist>,<Artist@1>\<Artist>\<Album>,<Album@1>\<Album Artist>\<Album>)\<Artist> - <Title>

Which would result in a file name of:

M:\MP3\Collection\T\Various Artists\The Best of Chilled\Snapper - Knives at the Ready.mp3

What I want to have is:

M:\MP3\Collection\B\Various Artists\Best of Chilled\Snapper - Knives at the Ready.mp3

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated :-)
Bex

Re: Can I remove "THE" from Album name when auto-organizing?

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your help... I was able to change it so if the Album started with "The ", then the first letter of the next word became the subfolder by using:

M:\MP3\Collection\Obtained\$if(<Album Artist>=<Artist>, <Artist@1>\<Artist>\<Album>, $if(<Album:4>=The ,$mid(<Album>,5,1),<Album@1>)\<Album Artist>\<Album>)\<Artist> - <Title>

But for some reason (I haven't programmed anything since my TI-994/A back in elementary school), I can't get the file to figure out how to change the album name. I am trying to get the action to obtain the length of the field, and then take the right side, subtract 5, and use that for the album part of the file name, but

$right(<Album>,$len(<Album>-5)) doesn't seem to work

I'm expecting it to return "Best of Chilled", but it is returning the entire string ("The Best of Chilled")

Any ideas? Thanks again :-)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Try these:
- $RemovePrefix(The Best of Chilled) -> Best of Chilled
- $MovePrefix(The Best of Chilled) -> Best of Chilled, The
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts

Post by Guest »

Thanks so much... this is what I came up with:

Main directory: M:\MP3\Collection\Obtained

Subdirectories: $if(<Album Artist>=<Artist>, <Artist@1>\<Artist>\<Album>, $if(<Album:4>=The ,$Group($mid(<Album>,5,1),1),<Album@1>)\<Album Artist>\<Album>)

File Name: <Artist> - <Title>

The addition of the "group" function in the "$mid" string part allows me to group albums that start with "1" or "8" into the same subfolder.

Thanks again :-)

Post by Guest »

Oops, my bad: forgot to add the "$RemovePrefix" at the end

M:\MP3\Sourced\$if(<Album Artist>=<Artist>, <Artist@1>\<Artist>\<Album>, $if(<Album:4>=The ,$Group($mid(<Album>,5,1),1),<Album@1>)\<Album Artist>\$RemovePrefix(<Album>))\<Artist> - <Title>

This forum is great!