Album Art & Image Type

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

RJW3535

Album Art & Image Type

Post by RJW3535 »

Apologies if all or part of this is redundant - searching the forums is quite a challenge....

1. As far as I can tell - if you are displaying Album Art in the main window (either option), you can only display "Image 1". Am I correct, and/or can that be changed?
2. In the Album Art Properties - what is the point of "Image Type"? Is the Image Type stored in the tag, in the database, or both? How can that information be accessed or used?
3. In the Album Art Properties - is there a way to change which image is Image 1? I can't find, so the only way I know to do that is to remove Images and reload them in

Here's what I'm after -
1. I would like to be able to display any image in the main window, not just Image 1
2. I would like to tell the program to always display the "Cover (front)" image, no matter whether that is Image 1 or Image 2 (or whatever).
...interestingly, when I play the tracks using other software (Squeezebox, for one), the Album Art it displays is always Image 2

Please note that all music is in FLAC format, and all Album Art is stored in the tag. All encoding and editing of these tracks has been done only in MM.

Thanks for any light you all can shed on my questions
nohitter151

Re: Album Art & Image Type

Post by nohitter151 »

1. No, first image is displayed only
2. To tell you what part of the album the image is. I believe its stored in the tag (if the art is in the tag, and database if art is not stored in tag)
3. Yes, in the properties window there are up/down green icons in the bottom right of the art properties tab
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
RJW3535

Post by RJW3535 »

Thanks very much for the timely and complete response!
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

@RJW3535

Right-click the image in the main album-art window, and with the popup menu you'll be able to display any of the stored images. You can also perform add/remove operations from there.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].