When the new version with urgent feautures will be avail..?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

a_lone

When the new version with urgent feautures will be avail..?

Post by a_lone »

Subj please :)
Proxy server, multiple DB's etc...
jiri

Post by jiri »

We are working hard to release the beta version as soon as possible, which could be in few (3) weeks. You can join the mailing list and be informed as soon as it happens.

Jiri
a_lone

Thanks...

Post by a_lone »

... for information
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

To almost every and any comments/suggestion/bugs in this forum, the typical answer by Jiri is "it will be addressed in future version". Undoubtly very positive, I don't think this answer is a good one under all circumstances.

Considering that the last release is already 6 months old and the evasive "future/next version" answer has been used very often since, it is obvious reading this forum that now the expectations for the upcoming are very very high. The fact the the development path for Songs-Db is totally unknown also and surely add to the pression and fantasms of users. Just a small update will surely be a disappointement for many of them, in part induced by the very positive answers to address a tons of different issues and which invite everybody to envision a totally redesigned version with tons of new features :(

My intuition is that it isn't exactly what lays ahead and what Jiri have in mind. People must understand that Songs-Db is a one-man production and the product is already a very good one :P Yes, in theory, many issues could be addressed in future version, and will be eventually, but there is a limit to what somebody can do alone.

I would just wish people understand that "the future version" is maybe not the next one. :D

I might be totally wrong, but that would mean however just very good and unexpected news :wink:
jiri

Post by jiri »

I must partially agree, but partially disagree as well. You are right that it isn't possible to implement everything mentioned here, even for much larger companies. By writing that something can be implemented in the future I just want to confirm that I agree with the proposal or at least think about it.

On the other hand, the new version will really contain a number of improvements and new features, except for more professional look and a number of bugs/glitches fixes, some of the features that will appear are:
- full OGG Vorbis support (including encoding)
- m3u playlist import
- auto-watching for changes in defined folders
- DSP plug-in support
- a number of new scanning options
- better support for multi-artist albums
- equalizer
- ... (just to give a small hint)

Jiri
imjasper

QwtchrBychn

Post by imjasper »

Considering that this program is one of the best damn DB programs available, and the fact that it's FREE............
askin for new features, telling about bugs and probs is one thing. Bitchin about something that you didn't even help to make And something that you got for free......??????
PLEASE. Be grateful that there are people out there that are willing to make programs as good as this and don't demand a couple hundred dollars.

By the way :wink: .......FANTASTIC program. My hat is off to you. I'm telling everyone I know. And those that I know are the kind that register AND pay. Keep up the good work :lol: