Songbird Skin v1.6 [MM3] Small Player Added (04/28/08)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I thought maybe a translation thing too but his/her English is nearly flawless so that made me think otherwise.
Stop Button Freak
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Vyper wrote:I'd be seriously offended by Fraxav's remarks, especially:

Fraxav wrote:I'll go on collecting new mistakes from your job for you, while you correct the old ones.

Constructive feedback is one thing, dissecting and criticizing something a person's put many hours of work into is quite another.

I don't mind the criticism. I can't possibly find out every flaws in this skin by myself and without someone to point them out, the skin can't be taken to the next level.
As for the last remark, I thought it was more intended as a teasing and even if it's not I don't mind it for the reasons I explained above. Maybe I can take the remarks because I've been a professional musician for some time now and as a result I'm used to my work being constantly judged. And I've never learned as much as when someone pointed out some issues in my playing in a clever manner.
Vyper wrote:
Fraxav wrote:... had I created the skin ...
Maybe you should design one.
I second this, like I said before, every MM user could make a skin if they took the time. It's not particularly difficult, especially the look-alikes but it takes some patience and getting used to.

Hey and by the way Vyper, nice sig. :lol:

Victor.
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

I must add that if Fraxav cared enough to list all those bugs and post a screenshot it must mean that this skin is worth it.

Victor.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

The skin is definitely worth it. My point was his/her attitude about it all. As if you made a mess of things and it was their job to point to it all out.

At any rate, like I said, you're a better person than me and I'll shut up about the whole thing now. ;)

:P
Stop Button Freak
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Holy cow...you can't turn your back for a minute without having people stabbing you, here...oh guys, guys...I think I'm gonna be your friend no more... :-?

Well, I could easily get away with this all just saying: "Hey, that was my Tourette", but today I feel strangely honest...

:D OBVIOUSLY all my "severe" critics were to be intended as friendly teasing. I'm sorry if my translation, lack of smiling emoticons or whatever let you think that I was freely and brutally criticizing magical's hard work, and I'm glad he understood it was not like this.
I respect all kind of work in this forum, and as I said, this skin is among my favorite ones and I want it to get even higher giving my simple and humble contribution, since it is surely worth it.
So, the meaning of that sentence was: I already pointed out other buggy things and I'd like to help you get rid of them, if you'll let me to.
Hope I explained myself, now.

Vyper, believe it or not, actually I'm studying skinning (not animal...butchers!), cause I really want to create own skin! And this is why I bore skinners with my ideas :D

That's all folks. May the power of the flowers be with you and just relax. Peace&Love.

(Oh...magicalpig, I can't wait till you fix all that crap so I can vomit on you more and more insults until the day you'll run away crying and I'll take possesss of your preciousssss and passsss it off as mine. MHUAHUAHAUHA! You untalented, useless "skinner". :evil: :evil: :evil:).

Wooops...my Turette again... :oops:
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Fraxav wrote:Holy cow...you can't turn your back for a minute without having people stabbing you, here...oh guys, guys...I think I'm gonna be your friend no more... :-?

Well, I could easily get away with this all just saying: "Hey, that was my Tourette", but today I feel strangely honest...

:D OBVIOUSLY all my "severe" critics were to be intended as friendly teasing. I'm sorry if my translation, lack of smiling emoticons or whatever let you think that I was freely and brutally criticizing magical's hard work, and I'm glad he understood it was not like this.
I respect all kind of work in this forum, and as I said, this skin is among my favorite ones and I want it to get even higher giving my simple and humble contribution, since it is surely worth it.
So, the meaning of that sentence was: I already pointed out other buggy things and I'd like to help you get rid of them, if you'll let me to.
Hope I explained myself, now.

Vyper, believe it or not, actually I'm studying skinning (not animal...butchers!), cause I really want to create own skin! And this is why I bore skinners with my ideas :D

That's all folks. May the power of the flowers be with you and just relax. Peace&Love.

(Oh...magicalpig, I can't wait till you fix all that crap so I can vomit on you more and more insults until the day you'll run away crying and I'll take possesss of your preciousssss and passsss it off as mine. MHUAHUAHAUHA! You untalented, useless "skinner". :evil: :evil: :evil:).

Wooops...my Turette again... :oops:
it is the translation stuff i found that out awhile ago i still have the translation page link in my sign. but don't use it much since it is messed up.

but adding a list of items as you did is always welcome by the skinner. just remember long time skinners are (and just about in this order also)

peke, rovingcowboy (me) , morton, blake, Steegy, Trixmoto, nohitter151, Tommae88, and the others fall in line after these, and trixmoto said he is not doing skinning anymore since he is better at and very busy with scripting.
tommae88 has not made one in a long time either?

so the other skinners here might know and some might not know how to do some requests you have. since they are new to skinning also, some are even new in the last 4 months.
and petrcbr was brought on to work on the code for the skinning engine, and morten and a few others that can program started getting ideas to him and he's been adding them as fast as he can get them working.

so ask away but remember the skinner might know only what you know about skinning, ? 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Sure, sure. I don't have any kind of pretense. I just report what I think should be fixed or improved in my point of view and wait hopeful the skinner knows Kung Fu... :D

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Fraxav
Due to your comments Fraxav I'll never release new skin, and BTW police is underway to you for molesting a child
Fraxav wrote:Your "child" has more holes than a colander!
and putting the holes on it. Finally when you get back from jail sentence (hopefully after Magicpig correct its "child" and patch all the holes you have made) I'll be glad to hear another detailed revision.

P.S. If I ever release skin I'll make sure that you will be put out for good for molesting.

P.P.S. I'm not native English speaker an this is how I understand your posts ;) :lol: :D :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: So generally speaking I didn't understand a thing, but I like your screenshot and detailed description whatever they means ;) So good pointers.

Lastly for the end: I'll keep watching on both you and skin as it is well worth.

----------------
Now playing: Theo Kamann - Kamannmix Vol.19 - Dance Part
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Damn, this sure keeps the discussion going!! Fraxav, I think you should be THE official skin tester, now how does this sound???? Skinners need some feedback from demanding skin users like you. But of course, this implies we have the right to abuse you, you molesting psycho!!!! :o

And cowboy is right. This skin is my first "real" skin. The other two skins I released were just re-coloration of existing ones. So maybe I won't be able to change everything you listed but I'll try. And I'm sure other skinners will be happy to help me if I'm stuck.

I still think we need a more detailed skinning section in the wiki : one that would list every item you can skin with the theme editor and what they change with screen shots and all. Then no one will have any excuse anymore not to skin.

Victor.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Maybe Official Skin Tester is too much for my skills, but I'm surely the best Screenshot Graphic & Designer available on the market 8)
:lol:
Could I build skins on my own, I'd add tips on how to fix what I pointed out, or at least give some help if requested to :(
Hopefully I can study harder in the incoming holidays :)
In the while Peke (instead of molesting molesters :-?) could let his wide skinning knowledge shine on us poor, little sinners and free this corrupted world from the oppression of bugs. Alleluja, Alleluja!!

Amen

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

Fraxav, you're crazy, I like that!! :lol:

Victor.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Fraxav wrote:In the while Peke (instead of molesting molesters :-?) could let his wide skinning knowledge shine on us poor, little sinners and free this corrupted world from the oppression of bugs. Alleluja, Alleluja!!

Amen
LOL! :lol:
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

magicalpig wrote:Fraxav, you're crazy, I like that!! :lol:

Victor.
WhAt!!! mE WhO? mmmMmMmmHhhh!! whyYyyY yoUUUU? MMMhhHHHhh NONONO!!! AAAAAAAAHHH!!

Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Just back with seriousness for a moment.
How deep can a skin edit the behavior of the program? Let's say, for the Shuffle function.
I insinuate this because I noticed that only with this skin (and I'm using this skin since late 1166/early 1170).
I know, you could say "the shuffle button doesn't work". But it works since songs are mixed, but they repeat sometimes and often they play in the order they are sorted.
Ideas?

magicalpig

Post by magicalpig »

There's nothing a skinner can do do mess up the shuffle function if that's what you mean. ;)

And by the way, making the changes is gonna take some time and I don't have any at the moment so IDK when this will be done. Over a weekend's night I guess.

Victor.