Does this option exist?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Tuf

Does this option exist?

Post by Tuf »

I am looking for a way to move my mp3s into directories based on the ID3 tags. It seems like this program does everything else under the sun, but I cannot locate this feature.

I would like to take all my mp3s, rename them using the tags, and then move them all into directories based on that (ie: Artist\Album\Song).

Thanks!
jiri

Post by jiri »

Yes, you are right, Songs-DB does everything under the sun, including this feature. :wink:
Just select the songs you want to rename, select "Songs|Rename files" and enter appropriate mask (in your case could be like "c:\My Music\%a\%l\%s").

Jiri
tuf

Aha I knew it!

Post by tuf »

Thanks much! I was about to spend some money on Music Library last night, when I stumbled upon your software. I'll give it a full workout this weekend, and send my registration along!

Thanks!
suissebear

Post by suissebear »

Great feature, jiri. Is there a similar trick for moving the previews into a single directory as well?
jiri

Post by jiri »

No, previews are taken using the mask specified in the setup dialog and there is no feature how to move/rename them afterwards. Maybe an interesting idea for a new feature.

Jiri