What does your username mean?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

Blake

What does your username mean?

Post by Blake »

I am rather curious about some peoples usernames and what they mean, and I don't want to PM them all about it so this thread was born.
Blake

Post by Blake »

My username is my real name... Its as simple as that

It used to be 'blakeloth1' but I got it changed. Blakeloth1 was my username for a game called RuneScape so I just used that because it was easy.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My friends often ask me about mine. In my first year of university my new girlfriend's flatmates all had dinosaur names for each other, which came out of some rather early-in-the-afternoon drinking!! Laura became V-Loz-araptor (Loz being short for Laura in England!). Richard became T-Rix (Rik being short for Richard). So I became occassionally known as T-Rix, and I picked it up and used it as a screen name for a while. I often found that places wanted more characters though, the first being when I was signing up to the motorola download site, so I added "moto" to make "trixmoto". It kinda stuck!! :D
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

rovingcowboy #2 is my cb radio handle
dad's is roving cowboy #1.

he is not online though so i dropped the #2.
i use the same login everywhere i go if there is any
one that visits any immoral sites or hacker sites
and sees my name,
it is NOT me some rat has been signing in to them as me.
i can't use my msn chat anymore because of him using
my name and email.

monkey hi fi is a plug for my skin. as was the other junglemonkey name. i only use the monkey hi fi when not logged on the fourm.

@trixmoto....

you ready for this.? your name broken in to american slang..

trix is short for tricks, moto is slang for car.

you're a trick car here not a t-rex. that is how i always read the meaning. nice to see what it means to you.

8)
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Tue May 01, 2007 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Mine is for techno (music) and techno(logy) junky.

the u is dropped because a long time ago teknojunky was too long a nick for IRC. :o
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@rovingcowboy - my own brother still refers to it as trix-mo-to instead of t-rix-mo-to, but never mind! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

My nickname is just something I thought together when I started as AskEarth member. I had been using a lot of different nicknames until then, but wanted one single nickname in the future. So there it was born.
Now and then I hear that some people use the same to shorten the Belgian/Dutch family name "Steegmans", but this is not related.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Son of Spam

Post by Son of Spam »

"Son of Spam" is a song by late 70's Vancouver punk rock band, the Young Canadians (formerly the K-Tels).

When I first saw the title on the CD, I loved it so much that when I first logged onto the internet, lo those many years ago, I decided my internet name would be Son of Spam.

@ Roving Cowboy:

If you ever find yourself with an Allligator on the Big Slab, make sure you Backslide first. And don't call the Base Station while Barefoot. Or the Bear In The Air might alert the Bear Trap to take you to the Bear Cave.

10-4, Good Buddy? :wink: :lol:

Beware The Lollipop Of Mediocrity:
Lick It Once, And You Suck Forever.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

Son of Spam wrote:"Son of Spam" is a song by late 70's Vancouver punk rock band, the Young Canadians (formerly the K-Tels).

When I first saw the title on the CD, I loved it so much that when I first logged onto the internet, lo those many years ago, I decided my internet name would be Son of Spam.

@ Roving Cowboy:

If you ever find yourself with an Allligator on the Big Slab, make sure you Backslide first. And don't call the Base Station while Barefoot. Or the Bear In The Air might alert the Bear Trap to take you to the Bear Cave.

10-4, Good Buddy? :wink: :lol:

:P :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :roll: :roll: :wink: :lol:
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

well mine right now isn't anything special, but usually my nick is facade. I chose that one just because I love the meaning behind facade, and it has a bit of an emotional attachment to me as well.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Way back when I first created a Hotmail account I couldn't use my name (already used) and got the system generated list of recommendations, I chose one with my initials and a numerical value that matched the year I was born....so....pah68 it is. This me everywhere I login....unless I need 6 characters. I then include the initial from my other middle name (the embarasing one). plah68

Not very creative I know.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I got my nickname from my girlfriend when I was 11, I like it then and people know me by that nick.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

In highschool I threw 2 no hitters, one for my highschool team of which I was number 15 and another for an after school league for which I was number 51. I'm in college now (not playing baseball unfortunately) but I like to remember those days by using this nick. I have a bunch of accounts with it, including Minilyrics, yahoo, ebay, and Mediamonkey, among others.
MarineBrat

Post by MarineBrat »

I was whelped while dad was in the USMC, stationed at Kaneohe MCAS on the island of Honolulu, Territory of Hawaii. Hawaii had not yet become a US State at the time, thus the "Territory" moniker. Our family travelled with dad and lived on Marine bases. I grew up in the company of and protected by those men of sacrifice and honor, and perhaps I was a brat. :)

judas

Post by judas »

mine came up a while ago: when i was around 8 years old i was inventing a signature (on paper) and as i didn't know what to do I asked my dad for help: he told me what his signature meant and i coppied it but with my real name: JU(an) DA(niel) SE(rrano)...dropping the final E at some point. since then very many people call me judas :-)
Cheers, judas