MM/Winamp audio settings question

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

scotter

MM/Winamp audio settings question

Post by scotter »

I am wondering what the best options are for the audio output in the Winamp player embedded in MM? In one section of the options you can specify Wave Out or DirectSound and then for each of those you have the option to select Microsoft Sound Mapper or pick your actual soundcard from the drop down list. Does it really make a difference? I used Winamp waaaaay back when and I thought I remember you used the Wave Out option to create .wav files for regular audio CD-burning...

I went back and forth between the different output options and messed with each of thier different options. The only noticable difference was that he wave out was louder, about 25-35% louder I figure.

Also, when I double-click a file it hiccups a few times then plays... its not really smooth. Going from one song to another down a playlist it transistions fine.

Finally, the look of the new Alpha version is AWESOME. :o They really need to finalize it so my $30 pays off :lol:
I think the RIAA is after me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Well I think it will be partly your preferences. What sounds the best to you is the best.

If you have problems in playback select another setting.

I have not really played with that myself