MM 2.2 Alpha: Drag & Droping and closing windows

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

MM 2.2 Alpha: Drag & Droping and closing windows

Post by Lowlander »

The drag & drop feature is nice in MM, but the problem is that the title bars have to be shown to be able to move them.
It would be nice if drag & drop can be done without these title bars showing.

The other thing is that maybe the Explore Tree and the tracklistings should have a close button and the option to be closed. This could be useful in public environments.
Lowlander

Album browser docking

Post by Lowlander »

Any plans to allow the album browser to be docked in the program as well. Would be nice.
rusty

Windows, Album Browser questions

Post by rusty »

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the titlebar is needed to drag and drop the dialogs.

Re. closing the tree/tracklist, I'll note this in the Party/Bar mode feature set.

Re. album browser, we weren't planning on it because we'd need to make presentation changes, and then overhaul them again when we improve the functionality. That said, it would be nice for the interim...
Lowlander

Ok

Post by Lowlander »

None of these things are important to me, but it just seems nice and feasable in the new interface.
Lowlander

And the equalizer too

Post by Lowlander »

And I forgot the equalizer to be dockable allthough that one will be tough as it is quit big and not resizable.
Lowlander

Different spacing rules

Post by Lowlander »

I see that when the player is in minimized form together with the Now Playing window above the tracklistings the tracklisting can be resized to give more or less space to the Now Playing window (and player too).

But when the player is in normal form this isn't possible. It would be nice if it was possible too, despite the fact some empty space will be showing.
rusty

Player above tracklist prevents splitter from working??

Post by rusty »

Lovlander,

I tested the player above the tracklist (with the Now Playing dialog) and found that whether it's maximized or minimized, the splitter bar between the tree and the tracklist works fine.

Did I misunderstand.?

Rusty
Lowlander

Yep

Post by Lowlander »

Yep when the player is in normal mode the splitter bar can't be moved, when it is in minimized mode it can. All with the Now Playing window being there too.

The problem worsens when I have the splitter resized while the player is minimized and then move the Now Playing window back to the left side area. Now the splitter becomes unmovable leaving me with a lot of empty space. If I resize the player (which is the only thing located with the tracklistings) the splitter moves to only take up the space the player users and all is fine.

I hope this explains it.
rusty

Post by rusty »

:-?