Screen Zoom

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MattTown

Screen Zoom

Post by MattTown »

Just a note about something that I discovered by accident with version 3018 & 3019.

I use a relatively small laptop screen for MMW and so fitting all desired info on the main list is a continuing struggle. MM has no view zoom commands that I am aware of (and none in the Hotkeys options), but I discovered by accident that MM responds to the standard Windows zoom command of CTRL+Mousewheel. Now it is a simple matter CTRL+BackWheel to zoom out to a smaller font and fit more on the screen.

However, for some reason the window controls at top right (Switch to mini/microplayer, Minimise and Restore) don't work at anything other than the native zero zoom. Repeatable test:
  • Open MMW, minimise and mediumise icons at top right of window work properly with tool tips showing.
  • With MMW screen maximised, CTRL+BackMousewheel to zoom out (text smaller) 1 level. My mouse is set to 1 row per wheel click.
  • UI works fine with (helpfully) more info on the main list, but clicking on minimise and mediumise window buttons do not show tool tips and clicking on them does nothing. The Close Mediamonkey cross at far right does show the tool tip and does action (ie close MMW).
  • Another CTRL+BackMousewheel zooms out another level, and now the Close control does not work either.
  • Zoom back out to native resolution (2x CTRL+FwdMousewheel) returns the screen to initial resolution and the window controls all work again.
This is by no means fatal but it is an anomaly. Admins might want to move this to Bugs.

Cheers
Matt
Last edited by MattTown on Mon May 06, 2024 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Lowlander

Re: Screen Zoom

Post by Lowlander »

You can use Text Size and DPI Settings in Windows (but they're global) and some Skins have options for increased text size.
MattTown

Re: Screen Zoom

Post by MattTown »

Thanks Lowlander, but I don't want to mess with the system global settings, and the CTRL+MouseWheel works well for my purposes.

I think more attention is needed to the non-responsiveness of the windows controls when zoomed.

Cheers
Matt
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.