3018 - out_WASAPI.dll read access violation

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

lindholm

3018 - out_WASAPI.dll read access violation

Post by lindholm »

Got this error a couple of hours after upgrading to 3018:

Code: Select all

Exception Access violation at address 1B396B8C in module 'out_WASAPI.dll'. Read of address 265C0000. in module at 24EFFFFB
ID: 87990000
Peke

Re: 3018 - out_WASAPI.dll read access violation

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If it is constantly reproducible please generate full debug log, ZIP it and attach to support Ticket
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Note that I also faced this same error recently with 3018, so this user is not alone. The issue is that it is a sporadic error. It does always happen though.

Unfortunately, it appears the trend lately is if it is not reproducible with direct steps, don't bother fixing it.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Actually, we do try to fix such issues; in cases such as this, where we're unable to replicate a problem, we ask for the crash log ID and/or a debug log which hopefully reveals where the issue lies.

In this case, the devs will start by checking out the crashlog ID that was provided. If it occurs again, please share the crashlog ID again. And a debug log can provide additional info for the dev team.

Thanks!

-Rusty
lindholm

Post by lindholm »

Happened again.

No send log prompt, tried Debug->Send log

ID: E7FE0000
but it caused another error 'user'

Given that it takes several days for this to happen, collecting a log with Dbgview is not practical.
Peke

Post by Peke »

lindholm wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:04 am Given that it takes several days for this to happen, collecting a log with Dbgview is not practical.
I agree completely. Only thing I can think of s that there is some memory leak causing MM to crash after several days.

ATM for next few builds we are planning to improve stability and make specific changes to fetch such cases.

EDIT: Have you tried to change output to Direct sound and or disable Exclusive access to sound card driver? Also I am curious what sound card you use to listen music in MM and its driver version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts