Devon 660 audio receiver connection

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

wunderlong88

Devon 660 audio receiver connection

Post by wunderlong88 »

I have used BubbleUPNP to play music from my phone to my Devon 660 and home sound system. I don't really like the interface for playlists and such. Is it possible to use Media Monkey with my Devon?

I just downloaded the free version but would gladly pay for pro to have this feature.

Thank you,

Linda
Lowlander

Re: Devon 660 audio receiver connection

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you mean the Denon AVR-S660H? In that case it may not work, as MMA works with industry standards of DLNA and Chromecast, neither of which are mentioned by Denon. Instead Denon seems fully committed to their proprietary heos app. You'd still have Bluetooth or AUX as options from a phone.
wunderlong88

Re: Devon 660 audio receiver connection

Post by wunderlong88 »

I was having trouble with the blue tooth working reliably. The Denon AVR 660 works through the wifi with the UPnP. I understand very little about all of this but I did manage to download Bubbleupnp and connect to my Devon AVR 660. I know it connecting through the wifi using UPnP but I am just parroting what I've read.

So, I guess I will continue to use that app for my music to Devon. Plays great, the interface seems very strange when it comes to playlists and music playback. Never seen anything quite like it and I feel like it isn't standard or user-friendly.

Was hoping to make something else work.