id tag mask changes

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

golftech

id tag mask changes

Post by golftech »

When viewing the artist/album folder, for the tracks ripped, in Windows 10 explorer, it shows the following;

(track# song-title artist.flac)>(these I can change) are under the column "name". The next column is "#" which shows the track number, the next column is "Title" which is the song title again, with other columns selected like genre etc. in the explorer window.

For the column labelled "Title" I want to add a 2 digit track number as part of the song title - ie: "01Breezin", instead of just "Breezin". This is because it's the only way the media player(USB) in my Lexus will read/sort them in proper order(as per the CD), otherwise it sorts them alphabetically(out of order).
I played around with the MW5 masking and got it to change orders like "artist" first then "track" etc, but I can't figure out how to get into the tag media file data. Yes I could use(and have used) the MP3Tag editor program to add the track# to the song but I thought there must be a way to do it in MW5 and have it done while ripping.
Can anyone help me out on this.
Lowlander

Re: id tag mask changes

Post by Lowlander »

There is no method build in to get Track# into Title. I don't think there's an Addon for it either.

A workaround is to Auto-Organize Files and then use Auto-Tag from Filename.
golftech

Post by golftech »

Okay, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just keep using the MP3Tag program to do that part.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you sure that there is no way to play them per folder and Filename?

Even Jeep managed to do that.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts