Track randomly restarts and plays over and over

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

fraserp

Track randomly restarts and plays over and over

Post by fraserp »

Hi Folks
For some time (on various releases) I get a random "fault" where a track in the playlist just restarts and plays over and over. Today this happened after about 3 hours of play. Currently running 5.1.0.2825 and playing to speakers using chromecast (I don't have any wired speakers attached).

What happens is, when the track restarts I get the same beep/blip as I do when MM first connects to the speaker. At the end of the track the speaker beeps/blips again and the track replays over and over until I take some action. If I press "Next Track" it goes the next track for a second or two then skips that track and plays the next one. If I go back to the track that repeated itself it will play that track and then move on to the following tracks as if there was no issue. So, I don't think it is a problem with the track itself. It seems more like a WIFI or buffering issue?? Also..... I think (?) i quickly might quickly get the "failure to decode...." error message when it happens but it goes away again, if that is of any help. Next time it happens I will try to take full notice of the message and update this post.

LOL...... I imagine you will ask me to do a debug :) which is fine. The question I have, given that sometimes it takes hours to occur (or not at all), is can you advise when I should start the debug? I imagine the file could be huge if I started it when I start mediamonkey first up. Can this be started once the "track looping" has begun and is that likely to be of any use to you?

Thanks Fraser
Lowlander

Re: Track randomly restarts and plays over and over

Post by Lowlander »

Please start with updating to the latest MediaMonkey 2024 beta as you're on an old beta release.
rusty

Post by rusty »

And to answer your question: to create a debug log, you have to start running DebugView prior to launching MediaMonkey. So yeah, it'll probably be a very large log file :-(

Thanks!

-Rusty
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Note that I also face this issue, and it has happened several times with all audio output options. It has happened to me today with the latest BETA. Also, debugs logs were shared for my issue with no solution found, unfortunately.

What I suspect is happening here is that MMW5 has issues retrieving data fast enough. The fact that it repeats due to this is really weird. It makes more sense to simply stop and wait.