autotag full libary

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Daddynoob

autotag full libary

Post by Daddynoob »

just starting to use mm5 so am pretty new to this
basically i have a large collection of mp3 cd's/dvd's that i am transferring to my external HDD
i have been opening one album at a time to see if the track names are there if not then using the autotag tool which is great.
but is there a way of scanning all my albums on the HDD at once and find the missing track names
or even a few albums at a time.
i have about 9000 to sort through.
cheers
Lowlander

Re: autotag full libary

Post by Lowlander »

No, you can select more files for Auto-Tag, but it processes it in batches of 20 (100 for Gold users).
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Good reason to get Gold paid version right there.

Also, to locate files needing updates, if you have not already found it under the Music Node in the left pane, there is a sub-node "files to edit" which contains such things as tracks missing title or tracks missing artist, etc.

If you bring these up and select from there, it is faster to get to the files you want.

Of course you can also sort by artist column, and then you will get all the blanks come to the top.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Daddynoob

Post by Daddynoob »

cheers

i have got the gold
looking for the music node but cant see it.
just trying to work out what does what
cant find music node this would be better than having to open each album to find missing track names etc.

also going to put these onto a digital jukebox and have done a test with the ones i have auto tagged but the album art doesnt show have also got the front and back covers in the folder

thanks again
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Music node is a root Collection node in the Media Tree.
glda19

Post by glda19 »

Ore use mp3tag works super great