I can't wrap my head around Sync

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Tellme9Tails

I can't wrap my head around Sync

Post by Tellme9Tails »

Allright so I'm trying to utilise sync to save me tons of time, but there are issues.
First off I'm trying to sync the music from my PC and MM library onto my Samsung Android's micro SD card. But it doesn't seem to recognise my phone as being connected (even though my PC does and I can transfer files to and from manually.)
https://imgur.com/Fze6VeT.png
My phone is plugged in here, USB C to USB C connection. I have also tried a regular A to C connection.

Secondly, wifi sync DOES work, but when I use wifi Sync from my phone about 2000 files are labeled red and unable to be synced for reasons I do not understand. Are these just duplicate files from other playlists? Or files from playlists I decided not to sync? Or is it an issue with the files? I don't know. I just don't want to waste time failing to sync 2000 files every time. (I'll see if I can get an image of the failed files.) My only guess is that a USB sync connection would work but I'm having issues getting that to work.
Last edited by Tellme9Tails on Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Re: I can't wrap my head around Sync

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Image is non existent, guess URL is bad.

Also screenshot from Android Phone WiFi Failing would be welcomed.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: I can't wrap my head around Sync

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure that the device isn't disabled. Use Show all in Devices & Services to see all devices MediaMonkey has seen, and verify that the SD card isn't disabled.
You may also want to set control to PC in USB connection settings on the phone.