Album art not showing correctly on MediaMonkey Beta [#20686]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

SgtPepperman

Album art not showing correctly on MediaMonkey Beta [#20686]

Post by SgtPepperman »

On MediaMonkey Beta, version 5.1.0.2832, when I scan database, instead of using folder.jpg as cover art for the folders (I usually go by Music>Ubication>[Disc]>[Folder] as my main way to organize music), it uses whatever image it can. Since I keep booklets scans and such things on the same folders as the tracks and covers, it makes quite a mess, with some covers shown on MM being double pages or ever images from disks.
I had to go back to version 5.0.4.2693, but it meant to sacrifice the skins and their configurations I have made.
Lowlander

Re: Album art not showing correctly on MediaMonkey Beta

Post by Lowlander »

In both versions all Artwork files should be added. Is the problem maybe that folder.jpg isn't set as first Artwork? If so, which Artwork(s) get first position when scanning files?
SgtPepperman

Post by SgtPepperman »

In both cases I haven't touched any configuration at all. I just simply scan the folder.
In version 5.0.4.2693, it seems that it takes the cover metadata from the first track and uses it as folder cover.
In version 5.1.0.2832, it takes whatever it comes first (booklets, disks, back covers, etc.), I can't really tell if there is a logic on MM to pick covers in that situation.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce. Can you please capture the scanning of a new Album into MediaMonkey in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket if the Artwork doesn't have folder or cover front Artwork first: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

SgtPepperman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 am In both cases I haven't touched any configuration at all. I just simply scan the folder.
In version 5.0.4.2693, it seems that it takes the cover metadata from the first track and uses it as folder cover.
In version 5.1.0.2832, it takes whatever it comes first (booklets, disks, back covers, etc.), I can't really tell if there is a logic on MM to pick covers in that situation.
Hi, thanks for reporting,
I have just found this as a regression, details in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 686#c74495

i.e. The regression is for artwork that should have type 'Not specified' has now type 'Cover (front)' !!

Will be fixed in the next build...
Crocodile73

Re: Album art not showing correctly on MediaMonkey Beta [#20686]

Post by Crocodile73 »

Should this be fixed in the new 2024 build?. Few of my covers are not right. Some are small pictures of a cover and a cd.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

The fix, such as it is, is stated to be in 3003 in the bug tracker, which is the latest build we have, so in theory it should be.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The issue in this topic that is fixed is getting the right image on first place on scanning when multiple Artwork files are found. The fix would only apply to files newly scanned into MediaMonkey after updating MediaMonkey.

it doesn't sound like you have the same issue.
SgtPepperman

Post by SgtPepperman »

I'm now on 3003, and this issue is solved, since it always takes folder.jpg as artwork for folders, if one album is contained within. That is quite satisfactory.
But I'd like to ask you if, in case I have various covers on metadata for multiple tracks in the same folder (for example, box sets), is possible for them to be shown on the artwork column for individual tracks depending on the disc, something like this:
https://imgur.com/qI3oxRQ
(Please fix this link so you can see what I mean, thanks)
Last edited by SgtPepperman on Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Crocodile73 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:59 am Should this be fixed in the new 2024 build?. Few of my covers are not right. Some are small pictures of a cover and a cd.
Yes, the issue of getting the right priority and cover type when scanning is fixed in 3003,
can you test if you still see the issue when you re-scan the files?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Unsure what you mean
SgtPepperman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:00 pmis possible for them to be shown on the artwork column for individual tracks depending on the disc
Are you talking about MediaMonkey automatically associating different Artwork to different discs on an Album?
SgtPepperman

Post by SgtPepperman »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:06 am Are you talking about MediaMonkey automatically associating different Artwork to different discs on an Album?
Indeed! Just like I've shown in that image.
Last edited by SgtPepperman on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Automatically is not possible, Artwork is considered Album level (although manually you can do this).
SgtPepperman

Post by SgtPepperman »

How can I do it? Even if I weren't able to use it, it would be a nice thing to know.
As you can see, it was possible before on MM5, even if it was unintended.

I don't know if this would be like a feature request, but I think what I'm asking would imply the use of two artworks: One for the folder, and another for the individual track metadata, and this one is the one to be shown on that column. I say this because I pretty much like this feature on Poweramp, for example.
Last edited by SgtPepperman on Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Select just the single disc and edit Artwork.