Sound control

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

johnnos12

Sound control

Post by johnnos12 »

Hi, all of a sudden MM plays song files but no longer gives me the option to control the volume function (it's on but just at one level) and the equalizer has no ability to function (it says it's on but there is no change in status if turned off). Does anyone have any ideas? This just seems to be a MM issue because the ITunes player still functions and so does the Windows Media player.

Thanks --- John :(
Lowlander

Re: Sound control

Post by Lowlander »

Did you enable Exclusive Mode in the WASAPI output plugin?
johnnos12

Post by johnnos12 »

Hi, yes it is "default device" on the first line and "use format of original track" on second line, all four boxes are checked. I have used MM5 for about two years now without any issues really. I have hi rez files and have updated to the Realtek HD audio driver. I noticed that this seems to be isolated to MM5. It doesn't seem to affect ITunes player or Windows Media Player. When I play a music file there is a "x" level of sound, the volume slider has no effect nor does the equalizer. I have reinstalled the audio driver, removed MM5 and reinstalled it a couple of times, but no changes. I am perplexed!

Thanks --- John
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In that case you give volume control to the system. You need to disable Exclusive Mode to be able to use MediaMonkey for volume control.
johnnos12

Post by johnnos12 »

I tried disabling the Exclusive Mode but no improvement. It's like something has taken control of the audio volume and equalizer processes and everything that I've tried can't get it back. My laptop uses MM5 also and it doesn't have any issues using the same settings. Do you think that Windows updates might have a hand in this? I generally keep the updates up to date. But I am experiencing a problem with the latest " 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034441)" update, my system just won't install it, I keep getting an error encountered message?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Try DirectSound output plugin instead. Does that resolve things?
johnnos12

Post by johnnos12 »

Unfortunately it does not...I want to thank you for your help and quick responses...If you can think of anything else please let me know... :)

John
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
johnnos12

Post by johnnos12 »

5.0.4.2693 Mediamonkey Standard Edition
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please update to latest build from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d as we have made number of changes to both WASAPI and DS output plugins.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
johnnos12

Post by johnnos12 »

Peke, thanks for your response...I downloaded the "MediaMonkey_5.1.0.2832.exe" and not the Debug one. I installed it but I am still getting the same problem with the lack of volume control and non responsive (sound wise) equalizer. Thanks for your help man...appreciate it. John
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So with MediaMonkey set to DirectSound any adjustments to the Volume in the MediaMonkey Player have no affect?
johnnos12

Post by johnnos12 »

I turned on the DirectSound and it actually took away the sound so I put it back on MediaMonkey WASAPI output to get the sound back.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check what Audio Device is set in Direct Sound. Make sure it's Primary Sound Driver (or the actual sound device you're using). What is your audio setup on the PC?
johnnos12

Post by johnnos12 »

It is using the Primary Sound Driver called Realtek Digital Output (Realtek Audio) which is the one that both Direct Sound and WASAPI use. It's just when I activate Direct Sound it doesn't play anything so I put it back to WASAPI and it plays the music. I'm not exactly sure what your asking regarding the audio set up...but when I open up the sound control window it's tab for "Playback" device shows Realtek Digital Output as the default device and that is what shows up in MM5.