Not supported by receiver

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

MabelVanA

Not supported by receiver

Post by MabelVanA »

It is back again, the dreaded error which has troubled me so much in the past: "Skipped track xxx: it is not supported by the receiver". I have MM5 setup as a media-server and use MM for Android to cast music to a Chromecast receiver. It can full well handle the .flac files I'm casting but MM apparently thinks otherwise. It's an old bug which was apparently resolved, then re-apeared, was again resolved and now once more lays my whole audio setup to waste.
Mabel
Peke

Re: Not supported by receiver

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you using latest MM5.1 from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d ?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MabelVanA

Post by MabelVanA »

Yes (using 5.1.0.2832)
Mabel
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Hmmm, strange. Can you please to the following:

1. Close MM5 server
2. Follow steps from https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 till MM5 is started
3. start Casting from MMA normally
4. As soon as you get error use MMA ☰ -> MediaMonkey Icon -> Send Logs -> WRITE LOG ID here and submit reply -> Close MM5 Server and in DBGView save log file that you can ZIP and attach to Support ticket so that we can analyze both and see teh reason why casting fail and where.

Sorry for debug steps, but it will really help us to see what happened on your casting setup.
Best regards,
Peke
MabelVanA

Post by MabelVanA »

Thanks for looking into this problem! I tried making a log-file of the error, to which end I installed the debug version 5.1.0.2832 as mediaserver.
BUT:
- Now MMA produced no error message; instead it just didn't work; that is tapping the play button did nothing at all. (Just to be clear, I'm talking about casting to a ChromeCast. It all plays fine on my phone.)
- On my phone I couldn't find the option "send logs" anyway; when tapping the MM icon I just see the 'about' screen.

Here is some more info which you might deem useful:

- Before I read your post I suddenly remembered you explained to me that the "Library' server was "a kind of a legacy thing". After that I had just switched it off but now I thought I'd try it again since it seems that the updates to the server module were responsible for the problem's resurrection. Lo and behold - it worked!

- However, installing the debug-version put a stop to that too.

- I removed the debug version and re-installed the non-debug version 5.1.0.2832. Now it works again as it did this morning: when casting from MM-server I get "unsupported by the receiver", but when using the 'library' as server all works just fine!!

- Looking at my past postings I see that the problem occurred at least two times before; last topic "ChromeCast problem returned" on 27/6, 2022.

Mabel
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you post few screenshots, I am still unclear what is going on and did you managed to create Debug logs?
Also if I got this correctly you have two MM libraries servers started on MM5?
Best regards,
Peke
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I don't see a reason why the release version should work differently against the debug..
Anyhow if the debug does not work then debug log generated using DbgView (item 4B here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 ) should shed some lights on it..
Bastiaan57

Post by Bastiaan57 »

More or less the same problem here. I cast the music (local) from my phone (Nokia G22) directly to my Chromecast Audio. This has worked without problems since the beginning of MM Android. When I start casting I hear the connection sound of Chromecast through my receiver/speakers, but when I start playing then I also get the same messages as mentioned in this topic: 'Skipped xxxx, it is unsupported by the receiver'.
Version: 2.0.0.1166, Android 12

Two observations:
- I have cleared the cache and other storage (effectively a new install), did not solve the problem
- on my Android tablet (Lenovo) the casting still works fine; also version 1166, Android 11
pmcfadden

Post by pmcfadden »

fwiw. Same casting fail issue here from Android on an otherwise working system. I thot is was resolved since installing the beta 2024.0.0.3005- which did work immediately in resolving the "speaker is turned off or inaccessible" problem.
rusty

Post by rusty »

This thread seems to be a mix of MMW and MMA reports. Since it's in the MMA forum, I would suggest that if you're having issues with MMW casting, please report them in the MMW forums.

As to casting on MMA, there have been numerous fixes in builds 1168-1171 to fix casting issues. Build 1171 is currently in beta testing. If you want to try it out, tap Options | About | Register for test builds. Once you're registered, then your next update will be to the current MMA beta. To update immediately, go to MediaMonkey in the Play store and click 'Update'.

Thanks!

-Rusty