recent issues with the "Artwork:lookup" function/link in MM5 ? [#20666]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

RickMM

Re: Album art doesn't download anymore

Post by RickMM »

I'm having the same issue. The first time I did the fix it worked then the issue re-appeared a few days later and this time the fix doesn't work.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=105962
Peke

Re: recent issues with the "Artwork:lookup" function/link in MM5 ? [#20666]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
API that we use for Image lookup has been changed without notification to third party devs. We are working o a FIX.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:27 pm API that we use for Image lookup has been changed without notification to third party devs.

If it was an actual Google api, it doesn't seem likely that they changed it without notification.
Just saying ...
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Barry4679 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:30 am
Peke wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:27 pm API that we use for Image lookup has been changed without notification to third party devs.

If it was an actual Google api, it doesn't seem likely that they changed it without notification.
Just saying ...
Agree, but that would be very expensive paid service.
Best regards,
Peke
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

You should change advice in your KnowledgeBase article.
It is out of date and incorrect, and just causing increased frustration; see the down votes.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Barry4679 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:13 am You should change advice in your KnowledgeBase article.
It is out of date and incorrect, and just causing increased frustration; see the down votes.
Thank you for feedback, it is still valid for most of the cases using current 5.0.4.2690 stable release which require GPUCache to be deleted on some regions.
Most recent issue with no search results do not have anything with that but with server search results structure changes. It is fixed and in extensive internal testing.

Article will be reviewed in order to evade any confusion and make things more clear, as soon as stable release of fix is released.
Best regards,
Peke
ErLute

Image search not working

Post by ErLute »

Suddenly the image search has stopped searching, a little search circle appears and so it remains without finding anything, this is the function that I used the most, until a few days ago it stopped working if I had made any changes.
I use the latest version
Please can you help me solve this???

thank and greetings to all
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is being worked on. Keep an eye out for a Image Search Addon update and/or MediaMonkey update.
webstra

Post by webstra »

I am running version 2024.0.0.3005. Since Album Cover lookup doesn't work, I have been finding covers with google images. I download a jpg with the cover image. In MediaMonkey I go to Properties->Artwork->Lookup Image and then select Browse to get the image I just downloaded. I open the image, make sure it is going to Cover (front) with Save image to tag (if possible). This works some of the time but other times I get an application error:

Application throw an exception Exception EInvalidPointer in
module MediaMonkeyEngine.exe at 00008369.
Invalid pointer operation.

Would you like to restart MediaMonkey in Safe Mode?

then options to Restart, Restart in Safe Mode, Continue

None of these work very well and I have to kill MediaMonkey in Task Manager. After restarting, I go through the same process and it usually works. Note that I am working with m4a files if that makes any difference.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
webstra

Post by webstra »

Well..... I installed the debug version and it is no longer failing. I'll keep running the debug version to see if it crops up again. You indicated that I should do step 4b but this says it's for no crash or error. However, I was getting an error via a thrown exception. So I would think that 4a would be appropriate
koffijm

Re: Image search not working

Post by koffijm »

ErLute wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:19 pm Suddenly the image search has stopped searching, a little search circle appears and so it remains without finding anything, this is the function that I used the most, until a few days ago it stopped working if I had made any changes.
I use the latest version
Please can you help me solve this???

thank and greetings to all
Since a couple of days I am experiencing the same problem. It has just stopped working???
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

An update should soon be released fixing this issue, keep an eye out for it.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

webstra wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:54 pm However, I was getting an error via a thrown exception. So I would think that 4a would be appropriate
4a presupposes that MM was able to submit a full diagnostics package to the MM exception server, in which case MM would have popped up the ID of the info diagnostic package which was sent. ... Or you were able to collect that package for them from the .el file having the current date|time.

4b is for when MM crashes somewhere in the core, which has wiped out MM's exception handler.

In that case you either have nothing, or just the Exception message.

The exception message contains little diagnostic info, ie. no trace of what happened during the lead up to the exception, nor any information of the program state as the exception bubbles up to their exception handler.
Is like a newspaper headline "Couple killed in traffic accident brings road toll to 50 this month."
Not enough for the Coroner to adjudicate upon.
rusty

Post by rusty »

FYI, MediaMonkey 5.0.5 has been released, fixing this issue for the current MediaMonkey for Windows 5 release.

A new MMW 2024 beta build is also expected soon to resolve the issue for the beta builds.

-Rusty