To coorect album name [#20674]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Kap1A

To coorect album name [#20674]

Post by Kap1A »

I have an album in the library and want to correct the name.
Thomas Kessler, album name was: Egolution. Now the name should be: egolution.

MMW5 is not showing after correcting the spelling (and therefore it isn't synced to MMA2). :o what do I have to do? I could only change it immediately by deleting the e and then typing it in the second time again.
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Lowlander

Re: To coorect album name

Post by Lowlander »

Are you having issues with the tag or the filename? Which Build (Help >? About) of MediaMonkey are you using? I have no issues changing case in MediaMonkey.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Kap1A wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:45 am MMW5 is not showing after correcting the spelling (and therefore it isn't synced to MMA2). :o what do I have to do? I could only change it immediately by deleting the e and then typing it in the second time again.
MediaMonkey has a bug where a change, which only changes capitalisation of an Album name, does not update the Album table in their database.

Is largely just a cosmetic issue, ie the album summary column does not show the change.
It affects synchronisation to MMA also? I didn't know that.

As you say the workaround is to change the album title twice, the first being a change affecting some more that just capitalisation.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Ok, thanks for the clarification
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

MediaMonkey has a bug where a change, which only changes capitalisation of an Album name, does not update the Album table in their database.
How exactly are you renaming the album, I can't seem to replicate the issue :-/
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

As barry4679 said.
1. Evolution > evolution, then
2. evolution > volution > evolution
After that, MMW5 "accepted" the changing.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:35 pm How exactly are you renaming the album, I can't seem to replicate the issue :-/
I selected all tracks in an album, then renamed the Album Title using Track Properties.
The tracks are updated, but the Albums table is not.
The update trigger must use case insensitivity.

The OP reports that this affects Sync to MMA somehow.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »