AppData\Local\Temp\WaveForms [#20605]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

AppData\Local\Temp\WaveForms [#20605]

Post by Dryst »

I am seeing a huge number of 16kb .dat files in this temporary location: AppData\Local\Temp\WaveForms. Before I delete all off these files I want to please confirm these were not created by MMW5. In the past I deleted temporary content that actually broke MMW5. Required content was being stored in the Windows temporary folder resulting in incorrect HTML display content after temporary cleanup. This was fixed many months ago, but I want to make sure no new required content is being stored in a Windows temporary location.

I am currently running version 5.1.0.2832.
Lowlander

Re: AppData\Local\Temp\WaveForms

Post by Lowlander »

They are created by MediaMonkey if you choose to display the Player progress bar as waveform. They can be deleted, but this will force them to be recreated when the same file is played again.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Good thing I checked!

This is a defect.

You should not be storing required data in Windows Temp. Please move this to %APPDATA%\Roaming\MediaMonkey5.

This happens over and over.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, they're treated as temporary files used to display the waveform, they're quickly recalculated if lost, and only used by MediaMonkey. You can manually change where the MediaMonkey Temp folder is under Tools > Options > General.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Users removing temporary files on their computer is common. There is no way to tell who created or owns these files. Deleting them results in all waveform being lost. I was wondering why all my waveforms were missing. They actually are not quickly calculated. They are missing and blank for half the song that plays.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

I will open a support ticket to help make sure this gets fixed.

Ticket #6823: "WaveForm Data Gets Stored In AppData\Local\Temp\Waveforms" has been successfully submitted
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For new installs a future fix will likely create a MediaMonkey subfolder with all the MediaMonkey temp folders in them so they can be identified easier: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20605
Dryst

Re: AppData\Local\Temp\WaveForms [#20605]

Post by Dryst »

Here is a YouTube screenshot recording of a WaveForm issue I am now facing with the latest available BETA:

https://youtu.be/ipaEs7Hh-DQ

The only fix is closing MMW5 and starting it again for the currently played song when the issue shows. Without closing the app, the issue appears to go away when the next song plays.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unable to replicate. I remember that I had similar issue on older MM5 versions where calculations were not correct, but that was fixed at least year ago and clearing Waveform Cache also helped.

Do you replicate on every track or just on few? If just on few and it is consistent then please open support Ticket and supply DL link to one of the files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

The issue happens 100% of the time after my screen powers off. When I wake my screen from activity, MMW5 does not update the screen properly. Windows power settings in control panel. Screen off time.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

I just woke my screen from power off. It happened again, as I stated. Here's a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fz2e213z ... egnm6&dl=0

This happens each and every time and is easy to reproduce.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Dryst wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:38 am Good thing I checked!

This is a defect.

You should not be storing required data in Windows Temp. Please move this to %APPDATA%\Roaming\MediaMonkey5.

This happens over and over.
Feel free to change the MediaMonkey temporary directory location in
Options > General > Temporary Directory
Dryst wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:43 pm The issue happens 100% of the time after my screen powers off. When I wake my screen from activity, MMW5 does not update the screen properly. Windows power settings in control panel. Screen off time.
So is it that the waveform is just incorrectly paint and changing MediaMonkey window size or restarting MediaMonkey fixes it?
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Ludek wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:07 am So is it that the waveform is just incorrectly paint and changing MediaMonkey window size or restarting MediaMonkey fixes it?
Closing MMW5 followed by opening it again fixes it. Resizing the Window does not fix the issue. My YouTube screen recording shows this too.

I was able to fix it somehow via clicking the main window in some manner, but I could not fix it when it happened again. The next time it happens I will play around with it some more to figure out how I was able to fix it without shutting the app down. I will try collapsing/expanding the left most panel and dragging if that fixes it too.

Often times I notice that when I start MMW5, the audio graph display will appear shorter than it is supposed to be, but it will get expanded to the width of the window shortly after. It seems for unknown reasons it is starting up short then not expanding for my screenshots and YouTube recording.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Ludek wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:07 am Feel free to change the MediaMonkey temporary directory location in
Options > General > Temporary Directory
Okay. Hopefully this will fix the many issues I am facing with WaveForms:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ig5nufoa ... 4y94l&dl=0
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Dryst wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:32 pm Often times I notice that when I start MMW5, the audio graph display will appear shorter than it is supposed to be, but it will get expanded to the width of the window shortly after. It seems for unknown reasons it is starting up short then not expanding for my screenshots and YouTube recording.
Okay -- my LCD panel powered off, and I woke the screen. I reproduced the issue and discovered how to resolve it without shutting down and restarting MMW5. I even recorded another YouTube video demonstrating it.

The fix to expand the waveform is to click the left panel background with the primary mouse button. That will expand the waveform without a shutdown and restart.

https://youtu.be/VLjNsrloG-Q

The fix is at 32 seconds. This is a short video. Also, you will see I lost my left panel sizing too, so that album art resize bug is still present.

When you start this video also notice the now playing queue to the right. See how it is very short prior to my WaveForm fix? Look at it after I perform the fix. This is a related bug. It's a MMW5 display issue.