Add/Edit Album Description

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

kutuup1989

Add/Edit Album Description

Post by kutuup1989 »

I'm completely new to working with MM, but what I'm trying to do is edit the description of an album even if there is no description provided by Wikipedia.

If there is a description found, hitting "Edit Comment..." works, and the comment can be edited, but otherwise the button does nothing.

Has anyone found a way to allow editing of the comment even if there is no Wikipedia information found?

From what I can see in the albumViewHeader js file, the info is pulled from Wikipedia whenever the album is selected, but I can't find a way to essentially say "If no description is found -> put the album comment from the metadata in that field instead"
Barry4679

Re: Add/Edit Album Description

Post by Barry4679 »

kutuup1989 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:35 pm Has anyone found a way to allow editing of the comment even if there is no Wikipedia information found?
You double click in the empty space just under the Genre control. See here.
That opens an edit control where you can supply your own text, which is stored in the database. You can see it in that image if you look carefully.
You can also amend or extend any text obtained from Wikipedia. MM5 saves your altered result, and will use it in preference to what is in Wikipedia if you ever revisit the Artist or Album.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
kutuup1989

Post by kutuup1989 »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:48 am
kutuup1989 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:35 pm Has anyone found a way to allow editing of the comment even if there is no Wikipedia information found?
You double click in the empty space just under the Genre control.
That opens an edit control where you can supply your own text, which is stored in the database. You can see it in that image if you look carefully.
You can also amend or extend any text obtained from Wikipedia. MM5 saves your altered result, and will use it in preference to what is in Wikipedia if you ever revisit the Artist or Album.
Huh, that doesn't work for me. I've tried double clicking all over but nothing is happening. What version are you using?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Try double clicking right of "Continue reading on Wikipedia [CC BY-SA]"
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kutuup1989

Post by kutuup1989 »

Peke wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:00 pm Hi,
Try double clicking right of "Continue reading on Wikipedia [CC BY-SA]"
Hiya, that's the problem, there's no text there at all. Some albums show only genre, others show nothing at all where the description should be and there's nothing to click on:
https://imgur.com/a/pD2h7zJ
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tried and I successfully manage to initiate edit with quick double click on these two 100% of times (Note taht I can also do that on other parts but these are 100% each and every time.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

kutuup1989 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:42 am Huh, that doesn't work for me. I've tried double clicking all over but nothing is happening. What version are you using?
This is a relatively recent "feature". I know about because it was discussed here somewhere recently.

If you can't trigger it that is probably because you don't have recent enough release.
I am running 5.1.0.2832
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
kutuup1989

Post by kutuup1989 »

Aha! Thanks guys, it does work 100% of the time... When using version 5.1.0.2832. I was running a 5.0 series build.

Thanks for helping me get this figured out :D