Nested Playlists [#20603]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Nested Playlists [#20603]

Post by Barry4679 »

I want to create an autoplaylist that is filtered to contain just the combined tracks of two MM Collections.

To do this I am assuming that:
  • create an autoplaylist, named PL_A, based on Collection A; and supply no criteria
  • then create an autoplaylist, named PL_B, based on Collection B; and supply no criteria
  • then create a top level autoplaylist based upon EntireLibrary, and set the inclusion criteria to ANY Playlist is PL_A;PL_B ... ie. I checked both Playlists as shown here
That is the way to do it?

But the top level playlist contains all tracks in my MM5 db... is not filtered ..?
nb. both the PL_A and PL_B have the expected contents

What I am I doing wrong? ... What is the purpose of the "Playlist" criteria when designing autoplaylists?

I am using 5.1.0.2832
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Re: Nested Playlists

Post by Lowlander »

Peke

Re: Nested Playlists [#20603]

Post by Peke »

Barry4679 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:46 am What I am I doing wrong? ... What is the purpose of the "Playlist" criteria when designing autoplaylists?
Is this what you get https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 603#c74233 ?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:06 pm Is this what you get https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 603#c74233 ?
Yes, LowLander's description is exactly what I was reporting.

Your example may be the same bug, or a related bug. I am not sure which.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Problem is that I can't exactly replicate LowLander and your issue. What I posted is closest I managed :)

My best guess is that query do not correctly pay attention on Collection setting, but apply selected collection in Auto Playlist eg.
EG. Playlist A (Music collection only excluding classical), Playlist B (Classical music collection only) -> Playlist C (Playlist A + B, Entire library) it also includes Music Videos too ignoring Collection Selection from Playlist A/B and include Entire LIbrary.

Tricky little bugger ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts