'No Music' on Ipod classic after synch

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Andyg4oep

'No Music' on Ipod classic after synch

Post by Andyg4oep »

I have read several previous posts on this topic, but have not found a definitive solution to the problem, so please, does anyone have anything to add to this ? I am using MM4 to load music to an Ipod classic and each time I 'Send to device', I find that, although MM shows music added as intended, when I disconnect, the Ipod shows 'no music'. I can restore functionality on the ipod by copying a backup Itunes data base into the Ipod control directory, but of course the newly added music is not there. I have the latest addon for Ipod support installed on MM4, and I have tried 'rebuild data base' as has been suggested in previous discussions. Is there a solution for this ? I could try using MM5, but is that likely to be a solution ?
Lowlander

Re: 'No Music' on Ipod classic after synch

Post by Lowlander »

Try with MediaMonkey 5 as it contains fixed to Sync.
ian67

Post by ian67 »

hi
try it on MM5 as it offered more compatibility and functionality further more you can check whether your ipod's firmware is uptodate or not.
Andyg4oep

Post by Andyg4oep »

Thank you for your reply. I have installed mm5 on my pc, but it will not run. A splash screen appears and then the pc hangs up. I have noticed that other users have mentioned this problem, but there does not seem to be a solution. Do you know of one ? I would like to get MM running on my windows 10/ipod classic system because it used to be a very useful way of managing my music, and I valued it, but since it has started to misbehave, I am beginning to feel that it is simply a lost cause, and I should just accept that it is a non-runner. If you can make any further suggestions I would be most grateful.. Have you heard of anyone succeeding with MM and an ipod classic ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Andyg4oep wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:25 am A splash screen appears and then the pc hangs up.
In task manager under Details TAB kill all MediaMonkey processes. After that in MM installation folder you should have NO GPU BAT file. TRY starting MM using that BAT file.
Andyg4oep wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:25 am Have you heard of anyone succeeding with MM and an ipod classic ?
Yes, many still uses iPOD Classic with MM, but as Apple do not support those older models it takes bit of Trial and mis to make it work.

If you would like that we help you more directly please open Support Ticket.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts