Report, statistics, File List help

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

wreckweim

Report, statistics, File List help

Post by wreckweim »

I hope this isn't to much for one post.
I am trying to get the following types of info from MediaMonkey for my collection.
- I want to make a report for certain columns. I.E. I just want certain media types. Only vinyl, not CDs
- I want to get stats on my collection. When I go to File>Reports>Statistics all I get are 4 songs. When I click on Home all I get are the 4 songs. Same for Entire Library. I want the stats for my whole collection which is way more than 4 songs.
- I also want to be able to find out how many album titles I have. Probably a report thing or statistics?
- When I tried to generate a list from File>Reports>File List I get way more than I want. I selected only one column and got results for about 3/4 of my collection.
Thanks for you input.
Lowlander

Re: Report, statistics, File List help

Post by Lowlander »

Statistics always export for the full Library, File List on the other hand only for the selected files: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Lists/5.0

What Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using? Note that files viewed in Folders may not be in the MediaMonkey Library, thus may not be included in Statistics. Files in Music, Classical Music, etc. will be included.
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

wreckweim wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:56 pm - I want to make a report for certain columns. I.E. I just want certain media types. Only vinyl, not CDs
- When I tried to generate a list from File>Reports>File List I get way more than I want. I selected only one column and got results for about 3/4 of my collection.
Thanks for you input.
Making a File Report work as intended requires:
1. selecting only the files you want to report on, and
2. selecting only the columns you want reported for those files.

1. Selection happens in the main file list. Selection only happens reliably via grouping files you want to select into a block via sorting or filtering. To do either you need a field that has the info you want. Unfortunately MM doesn't have a Media Type field (at least I haven't been able to find one) and so I use one of the Custom Fields for that. I don't think that you can get this automatically populated via update from web so you're stuck with populating that manually.

2. Once you can select the block of files then you use the report dialog to get just the info you want via choosing the columns to report on for all of the selected files.

Cheers
Matt
MM 2024.3019 (WEF 4 May 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 27K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

wreckweim wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:56 pm - I want to make a report for certain columns. I.E. I just want certain media types. Only vinyl, not CDs
Additional to what others have said, in the default situation, neither MM nor Windows will know whether your tracks were from a CD or vinyl original source. Your ripper would need to have stored that info somehow, or you would need to have to ripped each to different file formats (eg. to MP3 vs FLAC formats), or you would need manually update your database to record this information in one of the custom columns.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.