Manual Adjustment of Volume Level Not Working?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

estalson1

Manual Adjustment of Volume Level Not Working?

Post by estalson1 »

Sometimes I like to adjust the volume level of specific tracks. Never a problem in MM4, but difficult inMM5. I can click on the track volume value and delete it with no problem. Overwriting the value does not work. Attempt to change +1 value to -4 failed; it remained +1. Attempt to change to +4 resulted in value of +9. Is manually adjusting loudness/normalization no longer possible or does it require some special procedure?
Estalson
Lowlander

Re: Manual Adjustment of Volume Level Not Working?

Post by Lowlander »

I check on the latest beta of MediaMonkey 5.1 and Track Volume changed as expected both for inline editing as well as through the Properties.

Which Build (Help > About) are you using and where (and which) are you editing the value?
estalson1

Post by estalson1 »

I am running MM5 v 5.0.4.2693. I use a list view with multiple tracks to make volume analysis changes. Most recent procedure was as follows: original volume adjustment setting was -2.7
attempted change as follows: 1. click into volume cell. 2. leave current value and enter 1 result is +6. Next click into cell and hit delete to clear 2. run level analysis (get 2.7 again) 3. click into cell and press delete to clear 4. enter 1, result is +6. 5. Click into cell and leave value then enter 2 and get +7 click to enter cell, leave value and enter 3 which produces new value of 8.
I have a duplicate tract of the test file. I shows the same -2.7 value in the track volume field. However in the Properties>Details tab is show track volume as -7.6799998283386
Going back to the original track Properties>Details shows a value of 3 (vs 8 shown in list view). I entered a new value of 2.7 and now it shows +7 in the list view.

Seems prett7 weird.
Estalson
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please let us know if this problem continues on the latest MediaMonkey 2024 beta for you.