MMA Won't Sync Anymore

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

kawika

MMA Won't Sync Anymore

Post by kawika »

Couple of recent things have happened, but the problem is that when MMA is attempting to sync with MM5 for Windows, the Windows app goes completely and literally white, then MMA reports a sync error. I have to force quit MMW even though it's still listed in the taskbar. If I Close Window from the taskbar, it doesn't go away and I have to force quit through task manager.

Recently, I had to reinstall Windows, which took MMW to a different drive (it's not on D instead of C), but I'm pretty sure I was able to point MMA to the correct place for sync. MMA connects to the server. After that, MMA asks what I want to upload to the server and I select playlists and music. As soon as MMA begins to upload, MMW goes blank and then I have to force quit. MMA lists an "unknown error" in the Sync error report. If I try to sync again, MMA tries to connect to MediaMonkey Library, then just stops after a little bit, leaving a blank window on my phone.

I'm not sure if the recent MMA update has something to do with this or not. I've tried reinstalling MMW and the problem persists.

Would appreciate some help with this.

thanks
Lowlander

Re: MMA Won't Sync Anymore

Post by Lowlander »

Are you seeing this with the latest beta of MediaMonkey 5.1?
kawika

Post by kawika »

Tried the debug version. The window didn't go completely blank, but MMA is now stalled. MMW returned an error, saying it can't find a specific music file on the C Drive. This is accurate, because that file is no longer on the C Drive, but is on the D Drive, which I've changed within MMW, but the C Drive keeps popping up as a library source even though I've tried to remove it so that only the D Drive should be searched. I believe an error log was sent by MMW, so it should be available to staff.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can remove the C drive from Entire Library > Location and it should remove all files from the C drive from the MediaMonkey Library.
kawika

Post by kawika »

In MMW, I went to Tools>Options>Library>Add/Scan Settings and unchecked the C Drive (which I've tried to remove, previously, but it keeps reappearing in the add/scan setting and the continuous scan option keeps toggling back to manual for the D Drive). Same result. Should I be looking in a different place?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The instruction is to remove the C drive from the Location node in the Media Tree.

You do need to make sure you don't scan the files back in with Add/Rescan Files., but it's not the place to remove them.
kawika

Post by kawika »

I think I found the node you were speaking of (I didn't see it anywhere on the page you linked to). I went to Music>Location and deleted the C drive location that was listed in Location. Tried to sync and still have same problem. This time, I also got an Application Error notice that said it cannot find the specified path to the C Drive file and asked me if I wanted to restart in safemode. However, I couldn't even click on the restart button, restart in safemode button, or the continue button.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like you're having issues with program files, not media files on the C drive. Is the error in MMW or MMA? A screenshot of the error would help clarify.
kawika

Post by kawika »

It's apparent that MMA and MMW aren't speaking to each other. I would attach screenshots, but don't see a way to upload them here and I don't have anything like a imgur account. Please advise how to best proceed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The first recommendation imgbb doesn't require an account.
kawika

Post by kawika »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to check the Destination setting on the Sync list (Device > Library) tab of the Device Profile. You may need to set it to a location that exists.
kawika

Post by kawika »

Success!!