Original title written to wrong tag

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TIV73

Original title written to wrong tag

Post by TIV73 »

Hi,
it appears like mediamonkey reads (and writes) the value of the Original Title field to the ORIGALBUM mp3 tag of the file. Not sure if that's intentional as workaround or something, but it may break compatibility with other tools.

I just tested the behavior with 5.0.4.2693 and 5.1.0.2829.
Lowlander

Re: Original title written to wrong tag

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it's the original Album Title the track was on.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

That's what it means? I always assumed original title refers to the track title.
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

I dug into this post because problems with tags are a worry for me. I have to say that I agree with the OP here:
TIV73 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:31 am That's what it means? I always assumed original title refers to the track title.
Before reading this I shared the OP's intepretation that "Original title" in the Properties>Dialog box would mean "original song name". I similarly had no idea that it would mean "Original Album".

Everywhere in MM outside of Properties>Detail the field name "Title" is unambiguously tied to "name of the song", and there is *no* basis for a casual user to think that the field "Original title" on the Properties>Detail dialog box could be other than "original song name".

Can I suggest that the misleading field name "Original title" on the Properties>Detail dialog box be changed to "Original Album". That would make it consistent with the field names in the remainder of MM and the data reported in the MP3 tags.

If you do then I will be able to stop using a Custom Field that I created for that purpose, because I didn't think that there was a field for "Original Album".

Cheers
Matt
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.