How To Rename Album Name Parent Folder

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

musiclover13

How To Rename Album Name Parent Folder

Post by musiclover13 »

Ok So I have everything working perfectly now with sorting and cleaning up my music collection MM is amazing but im stuck on a problem :o

So I have everything sorted like

Rock
Band Name
Album Name
Songs

Everything gets named correctly but the Album name does not change and I cant figure out how to clean
just the Album Name folders up
Lowlander

Re: How To Rename Album Name Parent Folder

Post by Lowlander »

You can use <Album> with Auto-Organize Files.
musiclover13

Post by musiclover13 »

Hmm, Maybe im missing something when I do this it still just changes the files name but not the parent folder name?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
if you use "\" then it will be applied to folders also eg c:\Music\<Genre\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<TRack #:2>. <Title> would organize files both in Folder and Filename structure.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
musiclover13

Post by musiclover13 »

Peke wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:24 pm Hi,
if you use "\" then it will be applied to folders also eg c:\Music\<Genre\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<TRack #:2>. <Title> would organize files both in Folder and Filename structure.

Thank You
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

I use 'Organize files' all the time to ensure that all my tracks are structured in a similar fashion, and found that it works really well as long as:

1. you understand the effects of the mask elements and use them appropriately (the file mask guidance at https://mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHelp:Co ... ormats/5.0 is necessary here), and
2. be clear about the differnence between Artist and Album Artist and where they fit in your scheme (eg year compilation albums), and
3. you take care to select only the files that you want the mask to apply to.

If you did want to do this with all of your files at once then it would be prudent to test it on smaller subsets first, because once you set it going it will move things around quickly.

But yes, once you get the hang of this, it is a very powerful feature of Media Monkey and well worth using.

Cheers
Mtt
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.