Pressing SYNC Goes Nowhere [#20597]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Chep

Pressing SYNC Goes Nowhere [#20597]

Post by Chep »

MMA v2.0.0.1159
Desktop 5.1.0.2814

When in MMA nothing happens if I press Sync. It used to work, stepping through the sync steps/options.

Updated MMA beta
Cleared MMA cache
Rebooted phone
Updated MMW (didn't need it)
Rebooted laptop
Made sure wifi was enabled on the phone
Checked that the phone was on the same wifi as the laptop

Swore there was a tile for Syncing I'd also try but my (customized) home screen doesn't have it, and when I went to (re-?) add it (Settings, Customize Home Screen) I don't see a Sync option (just things like "music" "podcasts" "folders" etc...) Don't know of any other way to prompt MMA to start syncing.

?

Marc
Chep

Re: Pressing SYNC Goes Nowhere

Post by Chep »

Also, when I go to Sync Configuration my media server (laptop, MMW) is properly identified (IP address and all..) and I can step through the sync process here, successfully.

After a successful sync I tried going back to the Sync choice (next to Add Folder in the Hamburger menu) and ... it doesn't do anything.

But at least I found another way to sync.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but In MMA 2, the sync button has been moved to the main hamburger menu. i.e. on any screen, tap the ≡ in the upper-left corner. Then tap the 'sync' button that appears in the upper left.

As to the sync choice not doing anything, can you clarify what you mean?

Thanks!

-Rusty
rklevy1953

Post by rklevy1953 »

I just noticed the same thing...the sync button on the dropdown menu in the hamburger menu is doing nothing...I can still sync by going through the setting>library & sync>sync settings>SD card (where I store my files) and sync now.....just the "sync" button on the home page doesn't do anything, i.e., it flashes but doesn't initiate "sync"
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I can successfully sync from MMA using the Sync button on the toolbar of the hamburger menu.
My versions are more current than yours.
MMA 2.0.0.1160
MMW 5.1.0.2829
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
rklevy1953

Post by rklevy1953 »

I am on MMA 2.0.0.1160 and MMW 5.0.4.2693. I will try to update later today and post the result.
rklevy1953

Post by rklevy1953 »

I uninstalled MMA from my phone (retaining my settings, files, and clearing cache) and reinstalled MMA 2.0.0.1160. This seems to have cleared the problem....I should have tried that previously. Sorry for any confusion and hope this helps others as well.
Chep

Post by Chep »

Same deal - even after updating to the latest (MMA 2.0.0.1160), pressing Sync from the hamburger menu did nothing, the hamburger menu slide out panel just sat there, so I did the same as rklevy and uninstalled/reinstalled and the issue went away. Pressing Sync now immediately starts a sync.

Curious, though my issue was with MMA and didn’t seem to be tied to MMW, I’d like to know how barry4679 is on MMW 5.1.0.2829 - when I click on About I get 5.1.0.2814 and the message that it’s the current version.
rklevy1953

Post by rklevy1953 »

The current version of MMW beta seems to be .2832...interesting!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Beta versions usually do not notify that there is update available.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:50 pm Beta versions usually do not notify that there is update available.
Could you fix that please?

From the MM5 online manual:
Check for updates will check online if a new release of MediaMonkey is available to update MediaMonkey. With Include beta builds also checked MediaMonkey will also check for any new beta release.
I have that option set on, but do not get advised about available updates.
The latest beta is marked as being a Release Candidate, but still no notification?

Is the issue being tracked? You have a reference number?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

fyi the issue of the MMA sync button breaking in some cases will be fixed in the next build. See: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20597

Regarding MMW beta builds not receiving notification updates--that's now fixed. Thanks for reporting this!

-Rusty
rklevy1953

Re: Pressing SYNC Goes Nowhere [#20597]

Post by rklevy1953 »

Thanks for the info that the "sync button" issue will be fixed in an upcoming release. Just wanted to let you know that although the sync button problem was "fixed" after my initial deletion and reinstallation of MMA, I just noticed that it no longer works again. After deletion and re-re-installation, the "sync button" works again! I have not done anything to MMA from a system update/settings point of view since my last report above although my phone has been used for other purposes. I have used MMA only to play tracks as usual. I don't know if the issue of the button not working after remaining idle for a period of time is covered in the upcoming release but something isn't "sticking" LOL

Thought I would add a little "gloss" to the problem.