multiple times, reboot etc

Synch settings
Internal Shared Storage
Last synched: never

A quick check shows it may have synced Music folder, but not Playlists folder
Lowlander

Re: Check for New Changed Media

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please provide more details of what the issue is?
GMGJ

Post by GMGJ »

Sorry for the cryptic replay. I have changed phones and moved to a laptop. Pain the ass. for this problem Pixel 6a,Windows 11 MM5. I connect my phone and, load up MM 5 and start synching playlists. When I open up MMA, I see files under music updated. files in Plylists are not updated. BTW, when I click on a playlist it can say open with MM or yahoo.music. Neither MMa or Yahoo Music see it as a playlist file.
example plylist
\Music\Blues Traveler - Travelers & Thieves\05 Blues Traveler - I Have My Moments.flac
\Music\Blues Traveler - Four\10 Blues Traveler - The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly.flac
\Music\Blues Traveler - Travelers & Thieves\04 Blues Traveler - What's For Breakfast.flac
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Based on example it looks like you used Absolute paths instead of related one eg. "\Music\Blues Traveler - Four\10 Blues Traveler - The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly.flac" should be "..\Music\Blues Traveler - Four\10 Blues Traveler - The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly.flac"
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GMGJ

Post by GMGJ »

Always appreciate your help. In this case, that playlist works fine. When I open up MM I see 28 playlists, when I check with a Android File Manager, there are more than 28. BTW, it would be nice to document the relevant settings. I went to Options, Library, tags and playlists. While it is possible to edit the internal tags of some file Types MP3 and I believe flac, That is not the kind of stuff I am referring to. I am talking document extend M3u , charset valid in file names (These days its utf-8 with or without BOM and windows with extended stuff)is it the OS native set or something else) , line endings etc .
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
M3U by default do not use Unicode (be that UTF8 or UNICODE), you need to set M3U8 as only supported Playlist in Both Playlist format and Supported formats on Device profile. That should work then.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GMGJ

Post by GMGJ »

I changed all like this :
\Music\Blues Traveler - Travelers & Thieves\05 Blues Traveler - I Have My Moments.flac
to be like this (.. for relative and / instead of \)
../Music/Blues Traveler - Travelers & Thieves\05 Blues Traveler - I Have My Moments.flac

all is good. I am sorry I had to ask. Thanks again