Dr. Sol Perpetual Skin App Error [#20612]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

wordsworth

Dr. Sol Perpetual Skin App Error [#20612]

Post by wordsworth »

I recently re-installed MediaMonkey 5 (latest download) and later tried downloading and installing the Dr. Sol skin. The interface became unusable unfortunately (would post screenshots but don't have a URL I wish to use).

I would describe the interface as only having File, Edit, View, Play, Tools, Help, and MediaMonkey Gold in vertical succession and all else blank. The application error says Application throw an exception (LESS) Error evaluating function "if": variable @ darkTheme, #ffffff, @ 282828, etc. At the bottom it asked to Restart, Restart in Safe Mode, Continue; none of which would allow me to get into a working interface with menus that I might try selecting another skin.

I had to delete the persistent.json file to get the interface back to working order. I then tried it on a second system with the same result. One system has an Asus/AMD RX480, the other an Asus/AMD RX560 both with up to date drivers. Anyone know what might be happening here? Thanks.
Robert Seaman

Re: Dr. Sol Perpetual Skin App Error

Post by Robert Seaman »

Same issue
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That skin needs to be updated to new MM5 skinning Features.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

This will be workarounded in the next build: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20612
Dr.Sol

Re: Dr. Sol Perpetual Skin App Error [#20612]

Post by Dr.Sol »

Ooops, It lokks like I've got things added on my to do list.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Post by Dr.Sol »

I know there are many volunteers here, and I don't mean to blame anyone that the skinning guide doesn't give you all the answers, but maybe an improvement should be set on a to-do-list? I mean: this problem could have been avoided with more information about how to do.

In order to improve the quality of the skins: How does a correctly written skin look like? Is it correct that a skin shouldn't have an own "Skin_base.less"-file? Are there any more file names you shouldn't use in the skin? Other tips & trix? I'm sure all skinners want to make future proof skins, that surely will work properly on new versions. :wink:
MM-Gold user since 2005
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
look at any other skin, it always uses the _add appending to not overwrite the whole base file.

So instead of 'skin_base.less' use 'skin_base_add.less' and thus values/variables defined in 'skin_base_add.less' is just complement to the 'skin_base_add.less'

You are right that it should be noted here:
https://mediamonkey.com/wiki/Skinning_Guide

We will update it...